Macodes petola

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I planted a bioactive vivarium it is 8x8x12. Right now it has subadult morning geckos in it. But it’s about the plants. This is a Macodes petola. All those little curls are new leaves. There are 7 curls if you can find them! This will be quite lush when they unfurl. It is 4-6” tall and offers lots of hiding places. It has bloomed but it was a forgettable bloom. I just cut 3 discolored leaves off from the left. I saw the new ones coming and wanted to give them more room. 14132B49-1F05-44AC-91C0-DB376187768B.jpeg

Last edited:

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Beautiful! It must be quite happy if it bloomed for you--orchids will put off blooming for decades.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Beautiful! It must be quite happy if it bloomed for you--orchids will put off blooming for decades.
Yikes! The Ludisia hasn't bloomed yet, but now I feel more confident, thanks! The Lepanthes seem to bloom a lot. I think they are easier.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I should rephrase--if unhappy, orchids will wait indefinitely to bloom, but they can eek out a non-blooming life indefinitely. If it's already bloomed, it probably will again.