M. giganteus molt questions

CABIV

Arachnosquire
I have a fairly small M. giganteus I received about 14 months ago. She was skinny when i got her, but fairly plump now. Most of my books on these creatures (both the little pamphlet and the hardcover care book by Orin McMonigle) suggest these molt yearly.

While I imagine they don't molt on a specific schedule, I did want to check what exactly are the molting habits and signs for whipscorpions. I feel as though those books aren't clear on the topic, or I must be reading past it and not registering it.

Do they perhaps require a particular environment to molt? Her enclosure is fairly spartan, with a scrape out from under a lightweight plastic rock and a water dish.

Just want to know what to look out for.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
These usually like to burrow to molt. As far as I know they need at least 6" of substrate, and the substrate has to stick together enough for them to burrow.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I have a fairly small M. giganteus I received about 14 months ago. She was skinny when i got her, but fairly plump now. Most of my books on these creatures (both the little pamphlet and the hardcover care book by Orin McMonigle) suggest these molt yearly.

While I imagine they don't molt on a specific schedule, I did want to check what exactly are the molting habits and signs for whipscorpions. I feel as though those books aren't clear on the topic, or I must be reading past it and not registering it.

Do they perhaps require a particular environment to molt? Her enclosure is fairly spartan, with a scrape out from under a lightweight plastic rock and a water dish.

Just want to know what to look out for.
They dig down into the damp sub and create a good sized pocket for themselves. Here they stay (a bloody loooong time) until they moult.