M balfouri to be paired

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Best of luck man. Keep my fingers crossed for you. I may have a male soon too. Little twerp keeps tearing his molt but not seeing anything really to say otherwise with what I can piece together. What was to the look of her spermathecea noticeable or small?
Spermathecae look like a pair of oven mitts. Decently sized via microscope and much more noticeable as each molt progresses and the sclerotization begins. Speckled dots will begin to appear.
Good luck, George. Fingers are crossed here. Looks like you're off to a great start. If Jeremy is cool with it, I'd just leave them together for a while. There's plenty of room in your set-up. Diane

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Are you kidding me:} She kept mangling her molts!!!
I sexed ventrally, and with this last molt I got 100% proof via molt. In addition, her legs went solid deep blue, almost purple.

I asked a hobbyist on another site what size hers was when she mated her and I knew my gal was getting close to maturity. Close to 4" is the magic mark for gals. You'll know on the male, he goes through a drastic color change upon MM

PIG-
{D Yeah that is mine too. He/she is very skilled at only destroying exactly where I need to look. I got my fingers crossed for a female but if not he can go to someone who's girl is ready.

jeremyg

Arachnopeon
Any update on the two lovebirds?

BTW, raising a male & female sackmates the difference in color even when they are young is striking. My male never really showed the full on green that the female displayed even at 1.5".

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Any update on the two lovebirds?

BTW, raising a male & female sackmates the difference in color even when they are young is striking. My male never really showed the full on green that the female displayed even at 1.5".
Just got back from MY honeymoon so prior to going, I separated the two so she wouldn't eat him.

I noticed he had constructed a sperm web while I was away, so I will feed them both tomorrow and let them go at it again.

If you want, I can ship him next week, or you can pick him up. Either way, one more shot HOPEFULLY will make some magic for us{D

Thanks Jeremy!!!

PIG-

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just got back from MY honeymoon so prior to going, I separated the two so she wouldn't eat him.

I noticed he had constructed a sperm web while I was away, so I will feed them both tomorrow and let them go at it again.

If you want, I can ship him next week, or you can pick him up. Either way, one more shot HOPEFULLY will make some magic for us{D

Thanks Jeremy!!!

PIG-
Congrats! And GL with the balfouri!

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just got back from MY honeymoon so prior to going, I separated the two so she wouldn't eat him
Grats again Pig on the wedding/honeymoon and the pairing :)

Now the real fun begins (wicked laugh) ;)

Last edited:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My balfouri just molted and is about 4"+ I really have no idea of the gender LOL...posted a thread a while back with 50/50 male/female LOL!! All I can say is he/she has some serious blue....awesome looking!!! Good luck pig!!!!!:clap::clap:

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My balfouri just molted and is about 4"+ I really have no idea of the gender LOL...posted a thread a while back with 50/50 male/female LOL!! All I can say is he/she has some serious blue....awesome looking!!! Good luck pig!!!!!:clap::clap:
At that size Rob I think it'd be fair to say it's a female. You should post some pics of it newly molted.

jeremyg

Arachnopeon
Congrats & welcome back!! I'll send over the address for the male's next stop. Fingers crossed!

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Grats on the pairing, hope she makes a nice eggsac for u in the near future! =)