M.Balfouri- My male got bit by my female...in the fang during a shesh-(sex)

Morgan1304

Arachnopeon
Okay came back from Classes this afternoon to discover my communal male and female where is an intense session, it was in such an unusual place that I could not tell if my male was being eaten or if it was actual mating, after separating them by simply unclipping the lid it was clear my male was still alive, however, I had noticed a defect on the top his left fang part, with a clear liquid droplet that oozed from the wound, it has been a few hours and hes still alive, I can presume a dry bite. maybe she was unaware of his presence as he edged towards her hide and got defensive...then did business as their legs were interlocked. to my knowledge, it would seem that the bite was unintentional. but my mature male is injured, I am unsure what to do now. HELP

PS my female is completely fine, however, her behavior is unusual, ever since I separated them she has been very active, climbing the glass of the terrarium continuously, searching his unoccupied borrow, almost in search of him, atm she is chilling in his borrow...

The image I have attached is not of the actual T, but a representation of where the wound is....yea its pants but it was on paint and done in 1 min

Attachments

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
As long as his fangs still work, I cant imagine that your male is really in any danger. Keep an eye on him, and as long as nothing vital was punctured in the abdomen or carapace I don't think there's any reason to believe your male will die from the injury. Tarantulas recover from limb-severing injuries all the time with no problem. If you can get an actual picture of the wound to show the severity of the damage that would help, but honestly I think your guy should be fine. Only thing I could imagine being a problem is complications molting possibly, but seeing as he's a MM molting really isn't in his future.

Good luck, and fingers crossed you get some baby balfouris! :)

Morgan1304

Arachnopeon
As long as his fangs still work, I cant imagine that your male is really in any danger. Keep an eye on him, and as long as nothing vital was punctured in the abdomen or carapace I don't think there's any reason to believe your male will die from the injury. Tarantulas recover from limb-severing injuries all the time with no problem. If you can get an actual picture of the wound to show the severity of the damage that would help, but honestly I think your guy should be fine. Only thing I could imagine being a problem is complications molting possibly, but seeing as he's a MM molting really isn't in his future.

Good luck, and fingers crossed you get some baby balfouris! :)
Thanks pal got a photo yesterday it's really hard to see the wound from the camera, good news is he's still fine, wound has stopped "bleeding" 20171113_165534.jpg

Last edited:

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
He should be fine considering where the bite is. I'm not saying he -will- be but he can eat and drink, which eating isn't even a huge priority for MMs. If it was a wet bite, however, I'm not sure how immune they are to their own venom.

Morgan1304

Arachnopeon
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss :( Unfortunate. How long ago did he mature? And did the wound seem to get worse/infected?
The wound had stopped leaking fluids. But I believe it was age that got him in the end. He was removed from the inclossure for a few days to recover. And 're introduced after wound had healed a bit. Got sluggish a few days later and now lil Tim is gone. He always was my lil bastard lol.
He matured about 11 months ago . Can't put a finger on it.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
The wound had stopped leaking fluids. But I believe it was age that got him in the end. He was removed from the inclossure for a few days to recover. And 're introduced after wound had healed a bit. Got sluggish a few days later and now lil Tim is gone. He always was my lil bastard lol.
He matured about 11 months ago . Can't put a finger on it.
Aaah, nearly pushing a year mature, it wouldn't surprise me if his age got him. Wonder if getting wounded played into affect, but it sounds be may not have had long anyway. Although it's not unheard of, a lot of MMs don't live much beyond a year it seems.

Definitely hope that you get a sack in the least. Would be nice to have more little bastards to carry on Tim's name! :D

Morgan1304

Arachnopeon
Aaah, nearly pushing a year mature, it wouldn't surprise me if his age got him. Wonder if getting wounded played into affect, but it sounds be may not have had long anyway. Although it's not unheard of, a lot of MMs don't live much beyond a year it seems.

Definitely, hope that you get a sack in the least. Would be nice to have more little bastards to carry on Tim's name! :D
yea, decided to treat myself after his loss, got 2 huntsmen slings and a golden orb sling. .. but i pray for a sack, it would be nice to see his genetics passed on!