Genus Lyrognathus

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello Chris,

anyone working on breeding Lyrognathus robustus?
so far, I have never seen any adult males.

...but there are some slings and juveniles in Europe => there is the slight chance to get some males in the future.

all the best,
Martin

Theraphosid Research Team

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
P.S. Volker and co., I know you guys will be pissed for me releasing info that some goose like your old mate can steal, but hey, if he does then more fool him right (besides, this isn't part of our combined work, otherwise I would have told you before putting this up)??? A lot of these people on these boards are good folk anyway and have contributed a bloody hell of a lot to us, so a little info slung their way won't hurt mate ;)
Hey Steve,

I'm absolutely not "pissed" by any findings, results, assumptions, hypothesis or facts you'll post in any Theraphosid discussion forum of the World.
If you like, go on, no Problem with that. In the last few Years I've recognized that the tarantula Systematic szene is a large minefield, in which you have to be very careful to which person wou'll give informations.This is the reason why I've stopped talking about my findings in the discussionlists and why I've stopped to discuss my findings with other "colleagues"! Before ten Years ago, I was much more enthusiastic about the international co-operation between the Theraphosid Systematists, and so I've shared a lot of my results and pictures from the examination of Typematerial. In the meantime I'm much more sobered. But that's my personal decision and opinion and it absolutely doesn't matter to me if you or any other Theraphosid amateurs do not share my opinion!

Cheers,
Volker

mitchell123

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi :)

I currently have 3 males and 4 females. Of which 2 are sure adult and 2 sub adult females.One male has recently matured. I will try too mate all 4 females and see what happens. The breeding report can be followed probably soon in the coming months at the dutch website www.vogelspinnen-forum.nl

Grtz Mitchell from the Netherlands^^

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Steve,
In the meantime I'm much more sobered. But that's my personal decision and opinion and it absolutely doesn't matter to me if you or any other Theraphosid amateurs do not share my opinion!
Hi Volker,
I am glad you agree and I definately share your opinion, but I did post that a long time back now, I have becmoe a little more that way myself, gradually becoming wiser, I hope. Always learning to be done, and you are right, it is a minefield, early "findings" in any forum such as these are not very much of anything but discussion/heresay, so you are 100% right, it does not matter.

Cheers,
Steve

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

anyone working on breeding Lyrognathus robustus?id really like to see more of these!
so far, I have never seen any adult males.

...but there are some slings and juveniles in Europe => there is the slight chance to get some males in the future.
good news: one of those unsexed specimens recently molted into a mature male! =:)

Cheers,
Martin

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very nice Martin!!Best luck with them over there ;]
-Chris

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Steve,

may I ask who is "we", or is it a secret?

Cheers,
Martin
Hi Martin,
A group effort, but focused in and around the QM, refer to most future material from that institution. I hope this helps. Nobody has secrets in this field mate.

Steve

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hello Martin,
Looking nice!!that photo taken in the field?
-Chris

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Lyrognathus crotalus

One of your babies Martin!Very happy to have some of these!!
lyrognathus robustus

Thanks,
-Chris

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pretty spider Chris, I like that crotalus. What kind of size do they reach?

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Pretty spider Chris, I like that crotalus. What kind of size do they reach?
Thanks!I really like this genus a lot!
This species is a medium sized spider reaching around 4" or greater leg spans.
-Chris