Lyrognathus giannispossatoi care sheet?

Arachnofska

Arachnopeon
This is all I found:
Lyrognathus giannisposatoi sp. nov. is the most robust member of the genus and is the first to be recorded from Sumatra. L. giannisposatoi sp. nov. is unique among Lyrognathus in its preference for lowland elevations (F. Schneider, pers. comm.). I have 2 slings coming in a few days. Anyone has any ideas?

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You can keep them like a Haplopelma or Chilobrachys... deep and moist substrate with good ventilation. Be a nice guy and dig them a little starter burrow to hide in when they arrive.

Arachnofska

Arachnopeon
Thanx korg :) I wasn't sure about the moisture part. Do you own them yourself? If you do, I'm interested if I'm gonna end up with a Pet hole when they mature.

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanx korg :) I wasn't sure about the moisture part. Do you own them yourself? If you do, I'm interested if I'm gonna end up with a Pet hole when they mature.
I don't own the species myself. Burrowing tarantulas from tropical regions can basically all be kept in the same way, and I do imagine you will be experiencing a good bit of "pet hole." That's part of the burrower's charm, though... maybe you can report back in a few months regarding their behavior as slings? As you've already noticed, there isn't a ton of specific information floating around about this species.

Lee Beck

Arachnopeon
these are common, anyone that has been buying 'Lyrognathus lessunda' in the pet trade has been buying them.

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
these are common, anyone that has been buying 'Lyrognathus lessunda' in the pet trade has been buying them.
Interesting. Would you care to explain why you're so certain about that misidentification? Not trying to doubt your knowledge, just legitimately curious.

Lee Beck

Arachnopeon
Interesting. Would you care to explain why you're so certain about that misidentification? Not trying to doubt your knowledge, just legitimately curious.
Straight from Steve Nunn and Volker Von Wirth.
The real L. lessunda was only ever in the hobby years ago sold as 'Capiz's birdspider', they are a dwarf species that look very much like giannisposatoi apart from the size (and around 20 other morphological differences!)

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Straight from Steve Nunn and Volker Von Wirth.
The real L. lessunda was only ever in the hobby years ago sold as 'Capiz's birdspider', they are a dwarf species that look very much like giannisposatoi apart from the size (and around 20 other morphological differences!)
Got it. Thanks for pointing this out.

Arachnofska

Arachnopeon
I don't own the species myself. Burrowing tarantulas from tropical regions can basically all be kept in the same way, and I do imagine you will be experiencing a good bit of "pet hole." That's part of the burrower's charm, though... maybe you can report back in a few months regarding their behavior as slings? As you've already noticed, there isn't a ton of specific information floating around about this species.
I will do that. Just got them today. They are buried somewhere in little labyrinth of tunels they made.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Burrowing tarantulas from tropical regions can basically all be kept in the same way.
+1. Every Asian terrestrial I've had has had the same requirements: deep, moist substrate, with moderate ventilation. Hard to go wrong with that.