Lunarae's Enclosure Thread

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Neat. I'll tell you what would be useful for many people more so than T gender identification IMO. Live streaming of you actually making the nice vivariums, including any false walls like the one I see above. There's a lot of people that MAY know the concepts, but are nervous about making it because they haven't seen it done yet IMO. If they had the chance to watch it and ask questions while you were streaming, I think that would encourage more people to make realistic setups.
That's actually on my list of things to stream. I actually streamed me redoing this set up yesterday as I did it. ^_^ I have 2.5 gallons planned coming up and I might make a false back for one or two of them for specific types of T like the gbb.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
With succulents the more light that they get, the more water they need to keep up with what they get from the lighting.......
This is actually true for all plants, but obviously the ones that need more light will die at some point anyway without getting it. I use to be a hobbyist in Bonsai. When I needed to travel on occasion, I would water my plants one last time and place all of them in a dark room during my travel. They never lost a leaf or showed any stress for trips up to a couple weeks. While I was decent on the care of the plants I was never very talented on the art of the Bonsai. Earlier in my work career I had to travel a lot so I finally got tired of juggling them and quit the hobby.

Your setups are beautiful and you certainly show you have artistic ability to set up really nice arrangements. I would love to eventually setup a live plant arrangement with a T that can handle a little more moisture, but I suspect I need to learn a lot more on the care of T's with no complications at this point.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
This is actually true for all plants, but obviously the ones that need more light will die at some point anyway without getting it. I use to be a hobbyist in Bonsai. When I needed to travel on occasion, I would water my plants one last time and place all of them in a dark room during my travel. They never lost a leaf or showed any stress for trips up to a couple weeks. While I was decent on the care of the plants I was never very talented on the art of the Bonsai. Earlier in my work career I had to travel a lot so I finally got tired of juggling them and quit the hobby.

Your setups are beautiful and you certainly show you have artistic ability to set up really nice arrangements. I would love to eventually setup a live plant arrangement with a T that can handle a little more moisture, but I suspect I need to learn a lot more on the care of T's with no complications at this point.
Yeah, it is how it is with all plants but I think people get the misconception with succulents they can go without watering them longer then they really can, I also seem to have a harder time reading succulents to see if they are having trouble contrary to other types of plants as well but that's me.

I really love the planted tanks personally. I feel it gives a lot to the environment and quality to life to a point. But obviously it's not needed and it does take a lot of work. You really have to know your T and do your research in where they are from to be able to choose the proper plants for them I think. And for me that's still a learning experience. I'm working on learning how to drill and cut glass so that I can make glass enclosures for them all with proper ventilation that doesn't use screens at all. I really prefer glass over acrylic.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Guess who has two new 2.5 gallon tanks, a bunch of acrylic, a bunch of little sling boxes to set up, and all the materials to do it? Squuuuueeeeeeeeee ^.^ I'll be posting pictures up soon. Oh, did I mention I also got the glass drill bits from my dad and I'm going to be working on trying to drill actually side ventilation now in those 2.5 gallons? Oh yeah.....^.^ If I can get the glass drilling aspect down, I might just start making glass enclosures with proper ventilation for Terrestrial and Arboreal T's (that doesn't involve using screens) and sell them if anyone is interested.

Bre

Arachnopeon
So I figured rather then have a new thread for each enclosure I do and share, I'd just make a thread I can post to when I have a new one finished. Pictures taken will be right after the finished product. If they are desert themed but appear moist that's because I have sprayed it down to help the top layer settle some before letting it dry out completely.

This is a 5.5 gallon tank. It's very humid in there and the lighting isn't the best. It's not the best set up but it's my first ever vivarium that I did. It has a water fall which is what causes such a high level of humidity in there. I actually have a madagascar hissing cockroach living in there, it has been living in there for a month or so now without any issues. I almost thought it may not be keen to the moisture level but it actually hangs out by the pool of water and waterfall the most. Occasionally I toss in leaf litter which I'll see the little guy munch on, some of the plants have thrived and others have died off a little but in all it's still going and I set this up I want to say first week of January.

This is a 2.5 gallon tank I did for my grandmother, it's just a terrarium. I'm currently waiting on my dad to drill the holes in the glass in order to provide proper ventilation. I am working on proper watering in order to keep the African violets producing flowers. The flowers have died off but the plant itself is still thriving, as are the others. I want to say I made this probably end of January and it's been working rather well thus far. The fern probably needs a little trimming back. I can't wait to give it to her though once the lid is finished.

This is a 2.5 gallon as well that I did for our G. porteri sling. It's taken to it rather well and has holed itself up in one of the hides for what I assume is pre-molt. I use succulent plants as they need very little water and don't have the highest light requirements when they don't get a lot of water. That way I can keep the substrate dry, while using a food injector to provide water straight to the roots of the plants so the top layer remains dry. Working quite well so far, we will see how the T does with the plants when it gets bigger. I'm hoping it may leave them be if it grows up around them but only time will tell. Yes, I know the opinion of this being 'to big for a sling'. It finds food just fine (As I place it there in front of it), and the set up is not cluttered up with so much I can't find it easily when it's out of it's hide.

This is another 2.5 gallon that's on it's side and being used for A. versicolor. She's at least 2" considering her molt was 2" when I measured it. The only thing I don't like about this set up is the lack of cross ventilation. I didn't have the means for drilling glass in order to set that up. However future set ups that I plan to do will be set up accordingly. I believe that the live plants in here is what helps keep the air rich in oxygen and from being stagnant for her as she seems to have no issues and has been living in this type of set up I want to say since December but my memory isn't the best, it's been months though. I have only just recently started to keep very strict records of everything dealing with our T's.

This I did today. The backdrop is built using one of the bark slabs I had brought home from my parents property yesterday. I used it with left over substrate from making my 5.5 gallon vivarium, along with eco-earth. Because of how big the gap is in the top to allow for ventilation is (About 1cm wide) I don't see putting anything in here that could possibly climb the walls. However I am seriously considering in place of where the leaf litter is, putting a few carnivorous plants considering it will hold humidity rather well. This enclosure my parents found at a goodwill for 7 bucks and it even has a little music box to it as well though I haven't identified the tune it's playing. Still it's the latest one I've done. I absolutely love setting these things up. I can't wait to get to play with our 20 gallon tank. ^.^

Next enclosure I do I'll be sure to post here. If anyone has any questions on any of these feel free to ask.
These are BEAUTIFUL! I need to step my game up!

lunarae

Arachnobaron
These are BEAUTIFUL! I need to step my game up!
lol. thank you. I have a lot of fun with them. I really wish there was more people around me interested in owning them but not making them so I could just make them for people and get paid to do it XD