LuiziBee's Picture Thread

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
B. boehmei "Blossom"

MM C. cyaneopubescens (if anyone needs a MM, pm me.)

M. balfouri "Bijou"

M. balfouri "1" and "2"

Theraphosa pulchra????

C. cyaneopubescens juv. "Pia" rehousing & eating (one week post molt)

I have urticating bristles in my finger tips now... but it was worth it. I wanted to touch it so bad. lol

M. robustum

N. carapoensis

---------- Post added 03-27-2013 at 01:29 AM ----------

A little video I made of me spying on my tarantulas one night. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs2nODdLRkE

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
B. emilia wanting a high five!

G. pulchripes

M. robustum

C. cyaneopubescens

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Herpyllus ecclesiasticus. Gravid?

Prunella, Phormictopus sp. "Purple" eating standing on her tippy toes! :)

Top View:

M. balfouri taking turns drinking water:

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Blossom, my B. boehmei did a great job today!

:D

---------- Post added 04-03-2013 at 12:06 AM ----------

Blossom before & after.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bijou, who I just sexed as female (yaaaay!) has a derpy leg! Do you see it?

Pia, who I also just sexed female (yaaaaaaay!) eating a cricket.

Wee little G. pulchripes, Gabbi, right before a successful molt. :)

My Euathlus sp. "yellow" just molted and looks beautiful.

My brand new female B. emilia that I picked up in Knoxville last weekend.

Baby B. emilia (I hope it's a boy!)

M. robustum

Phormictopus sp. "purple" still can't get over this beauty.

Me and my children.

Cyrene creepin'.

Euathlus sp. "red" (maybe?)

B. boehmei pretending to be a poeci.

Little Pia and the MM I shipped off a few weeks ago.

Parsons spider eating

Phormictopus cancerides caught in the act.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey friendttyy,
4 T's are enough to start your own pic thread. You can always add more later!
:)
Ooh. That's what was being asked.
Yeah!! You could just have one T and start a thread and add as you go.
:)

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
L. parahybana starting to molt.

L. parahybana mid molt.

G. pulchra saying hello.

A. seemanni out for the first time in three months.

My M. balfouri poking their heads out of the burrow all huddled together. Not many things cuter than this.

moccor

Arachnopeon
Awesome collection. What if there was ever a earthquake or just that your habitat stand fell apart. Would you freak out due to the possibility of any of them roaming anywhere throughout your house? Lol.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome collection. What if there was ever a earthquake or just that your habitat stand fell apart. Would you freak out due to the possibility of any of them roaming anywhere throughout your house? Lol.
Haha I've thought about this before. And with my luck, I'd be stuck under the rubble and one of my OW T's would find it's way on my face and start building a web there. Haha

---------- Post added 05-19-2013 at 08:49 PM ----------

B. emilia (Amelia)

Phormictopus sp. "purple

Without flash:

With flash:

B. smithi

B. boehmei

C. cyaneopubescens (Cyrene)

C. cyaneopubescens (Pia)

Euathlus sp. "Yellow"

L. parahybana

H. lividum

N. chromatus

Molting:

Phormictopus cancerides

B. albo

P. murinus

(poorly edited so you could see it better - freshly molted and pretending to be a poeci)

Herpyllus ecclesiasticus

Making egg sac:

With egg sac:

N. coloratovillosus

N. carapoensis

Molting:

B. vagans

G. pulchra

A. seemanni (escaping during rehousing omg)

M. robustum

My two stripey boys:

Tarantula Time Lapse with two G. pulchra (aaaand elevator music!! :D )

http://youtu.be/nBs8D8fYUqM

Last edited:

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey LuiziBee, I just noticed a comment left by you on Jan's (Storm76) thread, and followed the link here. Great fun going through the thread, it clearly displays your love of the hobby! :)
Aside from Avics I'm pretty much addicted to OW arboreals ... probably because they're so much fun to photograph! :biggrin:

You've got a great collection and many cool shots. Thanks for the tour, I especially like these ...

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey LuiziBee, I just noticed a comment left by you on Jan's (Storm76) thread, and followed the link here. Great fun going through the thread, it clearly displays your love of the hobby! :)
Aside from Avics I'm pretty much addicted to OW arboreals ... probably because they're so much fun to photograph! :biggrin:

You've got a great collection and many cool shots. Thanks for the tour, I especially like these ...
Thank you so much!! I LOVE your picture thread! I wish I could get shots only half as good as yours! (Darn fancy cameras and expensive macro lens and learning how to use them! Haha) I've only been in the hobby for 5-6 years and am taking it extremely slow with any OW T's. Currently at five. I'd die if one escaped on me, which is why I like fossorial spp. I've had three arboreals over the years. All three A. avics. My first two I had for three years before they both hooked out and died on me. My third one I recently gave to a local friend just getting started in the hobby (and before I had time to sex it - I'm convinced they're all males.) Your thread was actually an inspiration for me to buy a macro lens for my phone so I can at least get some cheap macro shots. :)

---------- Post added 05-20-2013 at 01:07 AM ----------

Some horribly hipster instagram shots of my tarantulas (because I accidentally deleted them off my phone before they got to the computer)

P. murinus:

Pre molt

Post molt (finally has a little orange!)

M. robustum:

M. balfouri:

H. lividum butt:

B. boehmei posing:

G. pulchra:

Herpyllus ecclesiasticus with egg sac:

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the nice words LuiziBee! :worship: It really means a lot to me to hear that you enjoy the shots I post. You can be sure that for every photo up on my thread there are dozens which I would never allow anyone to see!! :eek:

It really is just a numbers game ... which is fine since macros are SO addictively fun!

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
M. balfouri, one of the derp twins, has had a secret molt! :)

P. murinus making a happy web to the post molt water gods!

N. carpoensis

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Love the balfouri shots! I've got three little slings, can't wait till they start showing off their stuff! :)

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Love the balfouri shots! I've got three little slings, can't wait till they start showing off their stuff! :)
Are you keeping yours together at all? Two of mine are, and then I've got one that is slightly larger than them that I keep separate. But last night I learned I officially have two that are showing some adult colors. So I am extremely excited about that. My other one is probably in pre molt/molting right now in it's burrow. I think they're really cute when they're all gray, though.

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you keeping yours together at all? Two of mine are, and then I've got one that is slightly larger than them that I keep separate. But last night I learned I officially have two that are showing some adult colors. So I am extremely excited about that. My other one is probably in pre molt/molting right now in it's burrow. I think they're really cute when they're all gray, though.
I forget where it's at (a foreign forum if I recall), but have you seen the thread by the guy who started a commune and now it's spread through most of his house, several generations? Pretty cool! I thought about keeping the slings together when I got them from Jason, but he suggested that at their value (despite there being essentially zero reports of actual cannibalism with the sp.) I might be playing more risk than I'd care to. :shrug:

Mine are still tiny and gray. :biggrin: