Lugarti Premium Tarantula substrate?

user 666

Arachnobaron
Yeah, if I need to use a lot of sub, sometimes I will go with or mix peat just to lighten things up...dirt is heavy....but peat moss is crazy cheap, too. But dirt is where its at IMO.

Keep in mind though that it probably matters more for me than the average guy with 1-20 ts. I probably go through 150-200lbs of dirt annually just re housing...im not a "substrate scrooge, as @ChrisLXXIX would say...my costs buying 2 quarts of jungle mix at a time would be astronomical...this stuff would almost double those already high costs.:astonished:

Its funny though, people gravitate to and pay extra for the word "premium"...that's just a fancy word for expensive.:shifty:
That 2-pound bag of substrate is barely enough for a single enclosure.

Yes, the price will matter to people with only 20 Ts.

TRection

Arachnoknight
...soooo is it substrate FOR Ts or made OF Ts?

In all seriousness its probably just dirt. And as a side note, i buy things off amazon at least 2-3 times a month, there are literally MILLIONS of people on amazon at any given time and if it doesn't have a single review it normally means no one else was dumb enough to buy it, i have been that guy and have gotten burned for it, wouldn't make that mistake again.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Its GLUTEN FREE! :shy::shy::shy:
And it contains electrolytes!
Dug by Holy monks from a monastery garden in Tibet, this substrate was voted "Best Tarantula Product 2017" by Consumer Reports. It promotes shiny urticating hairs, enhanced fluorescent colours, and stimulates growth to 337% more than that of tarantulas kept on ordinary substrate.

Introductory special!! Buy 10,000 pounds and get 1 pound absolutely free!

user 666

Arachnobaron
I got it.

It smells like a high-drainage potting soil for succulents. I am finding small twigs, chunks that look like what you get when you decompress a brink of coco fiber, and light tan chunks that remind me of sterilized horse manure.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just to update this thread for ingredient info, their website now claims this substrate is a "special blend of Sphagnum Peat Moss, extremely fine sand, and Bentonite Clay"...

MissHarlen

Arachnosquire
I got it.

It smells like a high-drainage potting soil for succulents. I am finding small twigs, chunks that look like what you get when you decompress a brink of coco fiber, and light tan chunks that remind me of sterilized horse manure.
Goodness if it's gonna be premium they should at least sift out the sticks.