Luecistic P. Scaber

LittleOddIsopod

Arachnosquire
35840E6B-CE22-4A5C-8628-CA87FAF20D05.png Apparently one of the wild P. Scaber I caught had some interesting genetics. It’s been 1.5 months since I caught them. When I was looking through their habitat I found 3 luecistic individuals. I assume they are nothing new, since there are dozens of P. Scaber morphs on the market, but they are pretty cool regardless!

pirminiamac

Arachnosquire
That's a great find, I'm sure some of the more learned members can school you on just how rare that is or not but I would defo isolate those out and try to breed from them

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Huh, I actually have yet to see all white P.scaber with black eyes, neat morph, definitely something worth isolating! :)

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
View attachment 263600 Apparently one of the wild P. Scaber I caught had some interesting genetics. It’s been 1.5 months since I caught them. When I was looking through their habitat I found 3 luecistic individuals. I assume they are nothing new, since there are dozens of P. Scaber morphs on the market, but they are pretty cool regardless!
That is a very interesting morph, similar to the whiteout morph, but with black eyes...leucism seems likely. Excellent find, you seem to have a knack for finding interesting morphs, please keep them coming! ;)

Mpaul213

Arachnopeon
Very nice find, keep up the good work. I have a colony of P. Pruinosus "white out" that I am building. These would be a great addition when you get them established.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Very nice find, keep up the good work. I have a colony of P. Pruinosus "white out" that I am building. These would be a great addition when you get them established.
Wow, really? White eyes and everything?

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Is that you TJ?

I do! I attached a pic for you to verify if I am mistaken or not.
Yep, I go by TJ Ombrelle on FB. :)

Wow, I've never seen "White out" Porcellionides before, those are amazing looking! :D I'd love to trade for them some time, do you have any interest in Oniscus asellus "Mardi Gras Dalmatian"?

LittleOddIsopod

Arachnosquire

Wow, I've never seen "White out" Porcellionides before, those are amazing looking! :D I'd love to trade for them some time, do you have any interest in Oniscus asellus "Mardi Gras Dalmatian"?
Do you have an Instagram? Or could you show me some of your isopods on the forum? I’d love to see what you’ve got!

Mpaul213

Arachnopeon

I have Mardi Gras but they have not produced any offspring for me yet. I received them very young so they may not be ready yet. They are my 1st culture of Oniscus Asellus so i am not very experienced with the species. I could definately use more of them though.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Do you have an Instagram? Or could you show me some of your isopods on the forum? I’d love to see what you’ve got!
No instagram, I've posted pictures of some isopods here.
Here are all the isopods I currently keep:

Armadillidium maculatum "Dalmatian"
Armadillidium maculatum "Dark Dalmatian"
Armadillidium vulgare
Cylisticus convexus
Oniscus asellus

Oniscus asellus "Dark"
Oniscus asellus "Mardi Gras Dalmatian"
Porcellio bolivari males
Porcellio dilatatus
Porcellio ornatus
"South" females
Porcellio scaber
Porcellio scaber
"Calico"
Porcellio scaber "Orange"
Porcellio scaber "Pied-ish"
Porcellio silvestrii
Porcellionides pruinosus

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I have Mardi Gras but they have not produced any offspring for me yet. I received them very young so they may not be ready yet. They are my 1st culture of Oniscus Asellus so i am not very experienced with the species. I could definately use more of them though.
Ah that's cool, where'd you get yours from? Glad to see my morph has spread so much in the hobby! :)
Well I've got quite a few now, so if you ever wanna trade for some, let me know! ;)

Mpaul213

Arachnopeon
Ah that's cool, where'd you get yours from? Glad to see my morph has spread so much in the hobby! :)
Well I've got quite a few now, so if you ever wanna trade for some, let me know! ;)
Got em from Alan, and I will definately get with you on that!