LQ not eating

Tarikm

Arachnopeon
I have a leiurus quinquestriatus 3rd-4th instar. I've had him about a month if not one. It hasn't eaten any food I've offered. I have 12 more scorps 2 being leiurus haenggii and they eat. I dont see all my scorps eat but food disappears. Hes very much alive and after 2 weeks of not seeing him i removed his log and he was looking normal and alert. I don't want him to die and i dont know what to do. I have tried regular pinheads(legs removed) they just roam for 4 or 5 days till i feed them to my bark scorps, i have plenty of large cricket legs left I've left. It just turns brown. I've tried the head squish but i guess i didnt do it right cause 10 hours later it was still alive and i felt bad so i fed it to my T for a quick death, I've also tried choped pieces of cricket and it just sits. Is this normal for an LQ. My past scorpions went a week or 2 but never this long nor has any of the scorps i have now. I've done research but its either only been a week or two or their scorp isn't moving. Thanks in advance and again it's active and very much alive. I'll attatch a pic of it when i first got it.

Attachments

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I have a leiurus quinquestriatus 3rd-4th instar. I've had him about a month if not one. It hasn't eaten any food I've offered. I have 12 more scorps 2 being leiurus haenggii and they eat. I dont see all my scorps eat but food disappears. Hes very much alive and after 2 weeks of not seeing him i removed his log and he was looking normal and alert. I don't want him to die and i dont know what to do. I have tried regular pinheads(legs removed) they just roam for 4 or 5 days till i feed them to my bark scorps, i have plenty of large cricket legs left I've left. It just turns brown. I've tried the head squish but i guess i didnt do it right cause 10 hours later it was still alive and i felt bad so i fed it to my T for a quick death, I've also tried choped pieces of cricket and it just sits. Is this normal for an LQ. My past scorpions went a week or 2 but never this long nor has any of the scorps i have now. I've done research but its either only been a week or two or their scorp isn't moving. Thanks in advance and again it's active and very much alive. I'll attatch a pic of it when i first got it.
Hmm.. he isn't fattened up. Try offering him thee smallest pinhead you acquire, the runt of the "litter".

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
If that doesn't work try feeding it a freshly killed pinhead the tiniest you can find.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
There's really nothing to it. Not all.scorps are born healthy and viable. As a large breeder myself I lose many many slings raising broods. Some don't eat. Some die off easily. Some eat but never molt and will die there's usually a very small few in broods that don't make it to adulthood it's normal.

Scorpions have 100s of babies. They wont all make it

Why I encourage anybody whose serious about keeping scorpions to never buy just 1 baby

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
As @ArachnoDrew said, scorplings are fragile and unpredictable and often die easily. Try cutting some cricket/mealworm pieces and shoving a juicy one in its face. Once they taste the food item they often start eating, at least a little.

Tarikm

Arachnopeon
Thanks for all your inputs. I took to another tactic and broke my rule of "don't bother the scorp unless absolutely necessary" and too it and put it in a vial big enough for him to roam but i out chopped up pieces of large crickets fresh from the store. As of 2am the cricket pieces are gone so i know hes eaten. I feel vetter but hate i had to do that. He was put back in his cage and can live his life of denying food until i feel its critical again. Hes nice and fat now. Id say equal to almost 2 pinheads. It feels good i only have to worry about an aggressive ground scorp instead of a starving baby scorp. Thanks for thebinput and advice again.

Tarikm

Arachnopeon
Even more to add he seems to be more active now. I actually caught him out in the open today for the first time.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Even more to add he seems to be more active now. I actually caught him out in the open today for the first time.
Great to hear this one didn't become a casualty your gonna love the Lq it is one of the boldest species of hot scorpions I have owned. Great display pets.

Last edited: