LP premolt ?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
so this will be my first molt for the LP i got a few weeks ago. is this heavy premolt? just curious how long so i can watch to get the molt out, but i dont wanna keep disturbing it under its hide. its not a burrowing LP personality,lol. 20160330_180854.jpg

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
cool, i will leave it under hide for a week then check, its about 1.75inch DLS so maybe the molt can be sexed if not chewed up.

Andy00

Arachnoknight
Mine looked like that and it took almost a week to molt :) it molted 2 days ago and is now a half an inch bigger with adult colors

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
nice maybe it will have adult colors as well

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mine looked like that and it took almost a week to molt :) it molted 2 days ago and is now a half an inch bigger with adult colors
When mine turned like that, it was out of its 'old skin' moving about in two days.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Has it molted yet?
i will look when i get home, it has dug a small hole under cork bark so its easy to lift and not disturb. i did notice this morning it plugged the entrance to the cork bark cave so maybe so.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i will look when i get home, it has dug a small hole under cork bark so its easy to lift and not disturb. i did notice this morning it plugged the entrance to the cork bark cave so maybe so.
I can only assume it was molting, but it'll come out when it's ready, no need to lift anything to check on it. You could really stress it out just to look at it.
Bad things can happen to a stressed out tarantula during molt.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
update, still no molt, i will post pick when it happens.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
man this LP grows sooo fast look at it today, premolt again 20160507_140826.jpg

Andy00

Arachnoknight
Nah it's last molt was very twisted up and he/she is too small to do a ventral shot. Hopefully next molt, probably in the next couple of weeks. I'm thinkin it's a male because of how long it's legs are but I guess we'll have to see!

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Nah it's last molt was very twisted up and he/she is too small to do a ventral shot. Hopefully next molt, probably in the next couple of weeks. I'm thinkin it's a male because of how long it's legs are but I guess we'll have to see!
As far as I know, males only have long legs once mature. Before maturity they will look exactly like their female counterparts, unless they possess sexual dimorphism colour-wise.