Loxosceles reclusa (Brown Recluse) Bite Photos

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
@Nightshady Fortunately, or unfortunately, that's how medicine works. Since you seems to be in medical circles, you know physicians will never reach a concrete diagnosis without corroborating facts. Reminiscent, evocative, similar, implicative, recollective, indicative, suggestive, characteristic and on and on.
That's why, when we hear someone with a bite of some sort reporting the ER physician diagnosed a spider bite it's highly suspect from word go, bullfeathers or possible a PoD woke from sleep after pulling an 18 hour shift. Your example typifies, suspected through and through foreign object penetration. Surgery and MRI reveals characteristics of high speed ballistic projectile. Diagnosis will be probable gunshot wound unless the projectile is found and a lab establishes it was the penetrating object and forensic evidence corroborates.

For paramedics in particular, this can be extremely frustrating. They can see a vehicle roll over a patient but come the ER it will go down as 'suspected' massive blunt trauma.
I believe @Nightshady is one of them physicians.

Nightshady

Dislike Harvester
Shouldn't go bad mouthing until you have concrete evidence. Physicians know there is a place reserved for them 3 floors below Dante. Some sympathy is in order. :rolleyes:
I’m a surgeon so my reserved place is even deeper haha. Anyway, I’m totally with you that the diagnosis of Brown Recluse bite is incorrect about 90-95% of the time. In this particular instance, I think it’s 100% correct. Cheers.