1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loving Ts, some questions for a new one.

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Pyrelitha, Jun 12, 2018.

1. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    Na, just periodically dampen an area of the substrate by pouring water into it or by overflowing the water dish. Spraying/misting is a waste of time IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pyrelitha

Pyrelitha Arachnosquire Active Member

I really like this species, maybe for the future. I've decided on the A. Geniculata especially since I found that Jamie's tarantulas has a sale on them, 50% off for a sling. And I'd love to watch it grow alongside my GBB, maybe I'll see who grows faster.

3. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

You dont have to, nor should ypu, need to spray any t....these arent salamamders.

Humidity is basically irrelevant, just keep the sub, or part of the sub damp....do this by sprinkling, or pouring water onto the sub.

Your areas ambient humidity will dictate how much and how often you need to add water....in winter when things are dry, you will need to add more water more often....this time of year you dont need to add much and dont need to dampen as often.

4. Pyrelitha

Ok ty, one more question if you don't mind, they said the temp for these guys seems to be kinda high, is that true? or is room temperature fine like for most.. And if not, what style of heating should I set up. I know heating lamps are bad, and heat mats I've never used before.

Illinois, so my ambient humidity is normally pretty high, during the summer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2018
  5. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Almost any t can be kept from 68 to 90, nothing too specific....you shouldnt need to worry about it till winter.

When/if you do, heating the room with a space heater is the safest, most egfective method.

I know, im in WI....Same here

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  6. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Anything between the mid 60's and mid 90's will be fine, if you need heating then heating the room with a space heater is the best/easiest option.

7. FrDoc

FrDoc Arachnosquire Active Member

Then an A. Genic is what you want, not to mention them being overall flipping marvelous.

8. Mvtt70

Mvtt70 Arachnobaron Active Member

No spraying at all, just keep a water dish of some sort full.

9. Pyrelitha

thank you very much, that makes me feel better. I keep it mid 70s average