Lovely Phyllocrania illudens

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Very much indeed, but quite honestly I have no idea how they are different from each other.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Very much indeed, but quite honestly I have no idea how they are different from each other.
I was researching them and apparently they (Illudens) have larger crowns and are slightly larger. Where did you get it?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I was researching them and apparently they (Illudens) have larger crowns and are slightly larger. Where did you get it?
I was at the recent Repticon in Los Angeles, and I got it for $15.

Major 78

Arachnosquire
P. Paradoxa and P. Illudens are very closely related. P. Illudens tend to have noticeably larger crowns than P. Paradoxa and are slightly larger. P. Illudens also have more colors, even a bright red!

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Oh, OK. It's just because of shape of crown. Do you keep any other mantids? If you need some I have PLENTY. (In exchange for a T of course lol)
It’s the only mantis I have. I love mantis a lot, but since life span of mantis is only about one to two years max, I don’t plan to keep them many. For this one I just really wanted to keep one to see how it grows.

Major 78

Arachnosquire
It’s the only mantis I have. I love mantis a lot, but since life span of mantis is only about one to two years max, I don’t plan to keep them many. For this one I just really wanted to keep one to see how it grows.
Do you know what instar it is/ how long ago was it born? Looks about L5 to me but not sure.