Love my WC Desert Hairy Scorpions

702Mitch

Arachnopeon
I live in Las Vegas got to take my first spring trip out to the desert. Collected some Desert Hairy and two female sidewinders. Theyll be joining my scorp collection. So theyre still in containers and i believe them to be a male and female. Would you guys be able to positively idenfity them and sex them?

Thank you this is my first post!

Attachments

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
I live in Las Vegas got to take my first spring trip out to the desert. Collected some Desert Hairy and two female sidewinders. Theyll be joining my scorp collection. So theyre still in containers and i believe them to be a male and female. Would you guys be able to positively idenfity them and sex them?

You need to ventral shots Which are on the underside of the scorpion. I also honestly wouldn’t keep them on gravel like that. If it isn’t too much trouble could u take a pics of the sidewinder? I find them to be one of the coolest snakes and would love to see pics.

TheScorpionMan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You need to ventral shots Which are on the underside of the scorpion. I also honestly wouldn’t keep them on gravel like that. If it isn’t too much trouble could u take a pics of the sidewinder? I find them to be one of the coolest snakes and would love to see pics.
I also would like to see pics of the sidewinders.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +

#1 as others have said the gravel substrate is not suitable for them. They are obligate burrowers and need several inches (the more the better) of the proper medium to do so, such as a sand/excavator clay mixture.

#2 They cannot be accurately sexed without clear ventral shots.

#3 Images of the Crotalus cerastes are required!!!!