1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Louisville Zoo

Discussion in 'Zoo Trips (Man Made Habitats)' started by lesliefox719, Aug 2, 2012.

1. lesliefox719

lesliefox719 Arachnopeon

na
    Advertisement
    Recently went to the Louisville Zoo. We had been to Nashville's, but the Louisville Zoo blew them away a thousand times over (and they were cheaper than Nashville's).

090.jpg

107.jpg

Just a couple of T's among the many that they had, plus an amazing display of North American species of T's, and more venomous snakes than I have ever seen in one place. I actually managed to get picks of almost everything - until my phone died :cry:

• Like Like x 1
  2. atraxrobustus

atraxrobustus Arachnosquire Active Member

USA
    interesting. Those appear, from what I can see to be a B. Smithi and a G. Pulchra. Would expect more unusual species.

3. Austin S.

Austin S. Arachnoprince Old Timer

B. boehmei and a T. stirmi

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. atraxrobustus

atraxrobustus Arachnosquire Active Member

USA
    Intersting, wasn't aware that there was anything within genus Theraphosa which would be that dark, and that particularly the T. Stirmi would be much lighter than that, id expect.

5. Sarkhan42

Sarkhan42 Arachnobaron Active Member

These are the same spider, different time in the molt cycle with different lighting, you can get some surprising shifts in coloration.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mvtt70

Mvtt70 Arachnoknight Active Member

Awesome that they keep tarantulas, my local zoo has a reptile house section that has most things except for tarantulas!