Louisiana tarantula keepers?

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Okay. Mods certainly feel free to delete this thread. Although tarantulas are in the title, would be more suited to water hole where I'm not yet a member.

Anyone out there? What part of the state? etc,

I'll start. 45 years old. Bossier City. Never bred but have been keeping on and off for over 30 years. Currently have 14. Listed in my personal details page.

Cheers, :D

Terry

possumburg

Arachnosquire
27 Coushatta been in the hobby for a little over a month. I am already up to 13 Ts.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joey, You must've added a few more new ones in the past few days!? :clap:

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I'm not in LA I'm in South Misssissippi, just got my first 2 slings B. smithi & G. pulchra, will be getting more, moving soon so I gotta lay low til the big day.

Tokendog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm from Houma, which is a little south of New Orleans. I've been keeping for 2 years and I have 9 Ts.

I plan on adding more in the near future and am in the process of improving my T display area.

I was born in Bossier City though...been a long time since I've been back, it has changed a lot! 15 years ago or so, most people there wore cow boy hats and boots, and went to rodeos on the weekends! Now it's all gang infested or at least that's what I've heard...

chebe2

Arachnopeon
New Orleans

Im in New Orleans, stared keeping about 6 months ago and am already up to about 30 Ts! Mostly slings but a few sub-adults and adult females.

possumburg

Arachnosquire
I'm from Houma, which is a little south of New Orleans. I've been keeping for 2 years and I have 9 Ts.

I plan on adding more in the near future and am in the process of improving my T display area.

I was born in Bossier City though...been a long time since I've been back, it has changed a lot! 15 years ago or so, most people there wore cow boy hats and boots, and went to rodeos on the weekends! Now it's all gang infested or at least that's what I've heard...
There are definitely some parts of Bossier I try to avoid when I am up that way!

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What part of the city are you from? It's not ALL that bad. {D

There are definitely some parts of Bossier I try to avoid when I am up that way!
Like my neighborhood? {D{D{D{D{D

edit- This JUST in on 6 a.m. news. Someone dognapped the store mascot chiwawa from my Lps )-:. She's busted though- plain as day on candid camera! 0-;

possumburg

Arachnosquire
edit- This JUST in on 6 a.m. news. Someone dognapped the store mascot chiwawa from my Lps )-:. She's busted though- plain as day on candid camera! 0-;
Is that the dog I was petting while you got crickets just the other day? What a moron!

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joey, I didn't see- probably so if it was out loose in the building. Yeah, not too smooth on the part of that chick! Some people.

Btw, I stopped by to check on that mf genic for you and the owner wasn't home. I left my #. He might still have it. We'll see.

Well........... anyone else out there?

arachnoherp

Arachnosquire
Okay. Mods certainly feel free to delete this thread. Although tarantulas are in the title, would be more suited to water hole where I'm not yet a member.

Anyone out there? What part of the state? etc,

I'll start. 45 years old. Bossier City. Never bred but have been keeping on and off for over 30 years. Currently have 14. Listed in my personal details page.

Cheers, :D

Terry
Youre in bossier to!?

damien88

Arachnopeon
Im in Shreveport so not sure how far you are from me
It's a long drive, but I'm a over the road truck driver. I pass through Shreveport a good bit. I just haven't had any luck finding someone to buy from besides online dealers

arachnoherp

Arachnosquire
I might be able to make it to repticon. I know one vendor in particular will have some lp slings, texas browns, millipedes, she might still have some hmac slings and Scorpions

arachnoherp

Arachnosquire
It's a long drive, but I'm a over the road truck driver. I pass through Shreveport a good bit. I just haven't had any luck finding someone to buy from besides online dealers
Currently trading off my only one i had for sale but considering selling my adult female gbb but not sure just yet

BC1579

Arachnobaron
NOLA here.

If you’re looking for an awesome dealer, reach out to The Caffeinated Spider. They’re in Denham Springs so they’re within an easy drive from NOLA. They typically have a booth at Repticon.

https://m.facebook.com/TheCaffeinatedSpider/

You can also find them on Arachnoboards - @CaffeinatedSpider.

I can’t recommend them enough. I’ve done a fair bit of business with them so far and plan on lots more. In fact, we stay in touch via text and they let me know when they have something I might be interested in. Couldn’t ask for better people.