lots of molts!

agent lead

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
man..go away for 1 weekend and you come home and half of your collection has molted!

my 3 inch gbb finally molted to 4 inches and looks to be a male as per the hooks...are they mature as soon as they hook out and how much longer do males have to live?his carapace is so turquoise right now...legs are so much bluer then previously

my little 1 inch p regalis has molted into about a 1 3/4 inch p regalis..starting to show lots of iridescent blue on its feet...i love this little guy and he/shes prolly my fave of my collection

also just saw that my 2 1/2 inch obt is now nearly 3 1/2 inches and has some new beautiful black stripes on his/her carapace

my 5 inch p striata and 4 inch rufilata did not molt

awesome..i love this hobby...i just wish i would have saw some of the molting process..ill post some pics of their new threads as soon as i can find my mini usb cord for my cam...

oh well...next time i decide to goto west virginia to jump off a bridge a few times ill make sure to bring my T's with me cuz all of the base jumpers were asking me why i didnt bring them..and then i missed all of this...oh well...at least im still alive to tell the story!

www.bridgeday.info

Shagrath666

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sweet on the molts. you gotta corner the market on on tarantula parachutes, you would make a fortune! no more "my B. smithi fell out of my hand and died!" it would be "ride the wind little buddy!!"

agent lead

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha!! funny thing is.at the bridge day event they had a vendor there who was selling toy parachutes with little men attached to them...at least 5 people came up to me to tell me i should get these for my tarantulas and go off the bridge with them!

Arborealis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha!! funny thing is.at the bridge day event they had a vendor there who was selling toy parachutes with little men attached to them...at least 5 people came up to me to tell me i should get these for my tarantulas and go off the bridge with them!
Now that would be a site. Skydiving tarantulas, what next?:p

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
are they mature as soon as they hook out and how much longer do males have to live?
Yes, once they hook out, they are considered mature. They can live anywhere from 6 months to a couple years, depending on species. Someone on the boards has a MM G. rosea that has hit the 3-year mark.

Your best bet is to assume he will live ~1 year after maturing. If you want to breed him, be careful. C. cyaneopubescens are notorious for eating the males. The females are very aggressive. Also, make sure he builds a sperm web before you try to breed him.

Grats on the molts!

--Joe