Lots of mites on my Giant American millipede

Robolover

Arachnopeon
So I looked in my giant American millipede’s tank and there are lots of mites on its decaying food. I know the Man Who sold the millipede to me said that mites help take care of keeping stuff off the millipedes shell, but are too many mites bad for it? There are a lot there.

SFA

Arachnoknight
Too many mites can stress you millipede. It helps if you take uneaten fresh food (fruits and veggies) out after a day or so instead of leaving it in. If your milli gets too many mites on it and you’re worried, you can remove them by gently spraying it with a spray bottle over a sink (and then just wash the mites down).

Also, come on over to the myriapods forum, you’ll get more responses!

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
Too many mites can stress you millipede. It helps if you take uneaten fresh food (fruits and veggies) out after a day or so instead of leaving it in. If your milli gets too many mites on it and you’re worried, you can remove them by gently spraying it with a spray bottle over a sink (and then just wash the mites down).

Also, come on over to the myriapods forum, you’ll get more responses!
You might not want to do the sink thing just in case the millipede falls down, but that'd work. I'd do it over a shallow deli cup instead, then freeze the cup to kill the mites.