Lost two this week

Crusaderwithgat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Had a 1-1.5" Parahybana I called BigBoy escape while I was away. He found his way to the sofa where my girlfriend was watching television. She panicked and squished him(thought he was a house spider). My fault for using wrong container.

My other death was my OBT I bought from NWInverts. Another small fellow that had molted a couple of times. He was in a dual acrylic cage(tarantulacages.com) I had the lid up trying to "show" him a cricket that I put in his cage. He got excited and started running crazy so I tried to shut the lid before he got out, but the lid came down on him as he tried to climb over the divider. I didnt even know he had made it to the divider. Didn't kill him instantly. He twitched some and as I reached for him he fell off of the divider and fell almost on top of my 2" Smithi. My Smithi snatched him up as quick as he hit the ground. OBT was food for Smithi. Sad and interesting at the same time. I've never seen a spider eat another spider before.

Jim

Thompson08

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the twitch part made me really sad..man this is the worste thing I've read about a t's death.

sorry for your losses :(

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Talk about a comedy of errors ! Man you gotta be more careful. :( Sorry about your losses. :(

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OH! Sorry for the little ones passing. Terrible to watch it happen. Hope you feel better soon. Can I offer you a free new OBT sling? I know it won't bring back your own, but at least it may soothe the pain. If you pay shipping I'll send you one. I just had a sac with another on the way.

-Sydney

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
these things happen time to time
sorry for your losses...:(

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i just found a dead lil 1.5 inch chaco golden knee
...i feel your pain brah.:(

Crusaderwithgat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OH! Sorry for the little ones passing. Terrible to watch it happen. Hope you feel better soon. Can I offer you a free new OBT sling? I know it won't bring back your own, but at least it may soothe the pain. If you pay shipping I'll send you one. I just had a sac with another on the way.

-Sydney
Thanks for the great offer!!! I'll have to pass though I just got three OBTs from Ryan. Very nice of you.....

Jim

Crusaderwithgat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Girlfriend comes first you guys/girls. Anything outside of the cage is fair game if it looks like a "house" spider. She just bought me another one to replace the one she squished. It will be here tomorrow. She's a fine lady.

Jim

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i lost a minax that i thought was molting the hole time...i looked yesterday to notice a almost completely decomposed body...:mad: now im wondering if im goin to have to dig up a king baboon to make sure shes alive, not looking forward to it..