1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost my new Avic.

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Exo, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Exo

Exo Arachnoprince

Advertisement
    Well, I had to put down my brand new baby Avic avic today, it tried to molt rightside up in a tight part of it's web and came out a twisted mess. I had to free all of it's front legs from the molt but it was messed up so bad that it couldn't even walk. I just got it Saturday and I don't think it had time to construct a adiquate web to molt in....I don't think I'm gonna get anymore arboreals for awhile. :(

2. Shell

Shell ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker

Aw Exo :( I'm so sorry for your loss.

3. shypoet

shypoet Arachnoknight

sorry you lost it :(

4. Exo

Exo Arachnoprince

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed, I was hoping that I'd never have to have a bad molt with one of my Ts.....it sucks.

5. Aww shucks :( I'm so sorry to hear that..

6. AudreyElizabeth

AudreyElizabeth Arachnodemon Old Timer

Don't give up, arboreal species are some of the coolest out there. You may be right about the lack of webbing, that is one of my suspicions about avic deaths, but in this case, you couldn't help it. Saturday to Tuesday wouldn't be enough time IMO.
    Chin up, try again, and I'm sure that next time will go better. Sorry for the loss!

7. That really sucks, i've got a baby A.Avic and i'd hate to lose mine. It hasn't molted yet since i've had it and it is only 1/2 inch. I'm hoping for the best..

8. Redneck

Redneck Arachnoprince

Sorry for your loss Exo! :(

9. Sorry to hear. I don't think anyone imagines losing their tarantulas young. :(

10. PrimalTaunt

PrimalTaunt Arachnobaron

Sorry to hear about that but don't give up on arboreals because there are so many great ones out there! Maybe just move to other ones before making your way back to avics.

11. Exo

Exo Arachnoprince

Yeah, he didn't have time to make an area roomy enough to molt in, so he ended up molting in a tight "starter tube" kind of web. He had a better web in his vial but his previous owner left his last molt in there and I had assumed that he must have molted recently. If only I had known....

12. Exo

Exo Arachnoprince

I have a 2in versi that I raised from a baby that I absolutely love, but if I get another arboreal I'll probably get a P.irminia.

13. AudreyElizabeth

AudreyElizabeth Arachnodemon Old Timer

Can't go wrong with P. irminia either, I love mine!