Lost B. Albo sling last november....

Nocturnus

Arachnopeon
I received a B. Albo(curly hair) sling (about .75 in size)last November and made the newbie mistake of keeping it in a kritter keeper. I noticed that after a week of getting it I saw no sign of it in the container. I emailed the guy I bought it from and he said that it either died or escaped, and to shift through the subtrate(very carefully) to see it he was in there. I saw no borrow, so I assumed he escaped. I shifted through and there was no sign of him. I looked through my room and also saw no sign of him. I bought another B. Albo sling, and am a much better tarantula parent now. My question is, is it possible he could still be alive and is somewhere else in the house, or traveled to the basement?

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
There's no garauntees, and a bunch of other factors come into play, but it is at least possible. I'm about to head for work, so I can't dig it up, but there's a thread here from a few years back about the infamous drain spider. That's worth looking up

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Last edited:

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Its possible, once I had a hisser escape and it turned up 4 or 5 months later walking across my living room floor. You might as well keep an eye out, B. Albos are very hardy.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
After 8 or 9 months loose, if it was alive you probably would have seen some signs of it, like molts, poop, bolus, etc.

Slings get dehydrated and die from it faster than adults. It's likely that it escaped and unless it found a water source, died somewhere in the range of a few days to a couple of weeks.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I received a B. Albo(curly hair) sling (about .75 in size)last November and made the newbie mistake of keeping it in a kritter keeper. I noticed that after a week of getting it I saw no sign of it in the container. I emailed the guy I bought it from and he said that it either died or escaped, and to shift through the subtrate(very carefully) to see it he was in there. I saw no borrow, so I assumed he escaped. I shifted through and there was no sign of him. I looked through my room and also saw no sign of him. I bought another B. Albo sling, and am a much better tarantula parent now. My question is, is it possible he could still be alive and is somewhere else in the house, or traveled to the basement?

It's possible there are green men on Mars, but the not probable- big difference, same applies here.

Hope you have better container now that you are a better parent as one T seems to have lost its life.