Losing PATCHES of hair on abdomen..

ChaelP

Arachnosquire
My 6" B.Hamoriis been losing PATCHES of hair on her abdomen this past week. I see the hairs on the substrate and its a lot. Shes not a flicker thats why im confused why she lost this much hair just this past week. She eats great, caught her drinking a couple of times so i think shes healthy. Can this be stress or is this how they go to premolt?

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
She has just been kicking hairs off. They toss them around their territory niw and then. More so when moult is approaching.

Judging from your photo, there is a moult coming.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Yup, that girl is just setting up some booby traps. In the wild if a predator comes sniffing when they're heavy in pre-molt or even in the middle of molting, a snout-full of urticating hairs is likely to save their bacon. I mean, a nose full of urticating hairs would certainly stop me.

ChaelP

Arachnosquire
She has just been kicking hairs off. They toss them around their territory niw and then. More so when moult is approaching.

Judging from your photo, there is a moult coming.
Sorry for the not HD pic, i took a quick pic. I dont want to stick my hand in there coz of all the hairs. Good to know this is just premolt. Thanks!

ChaelP

Arachnosquire
Yup, that girl is just setting up some booby traps. In the wild if a predator comes sniffing when they're heavy in pre-molt or even in the middle of molting, a snout-full of urticating hairs is likely to save their bacon. I mean, a nose full of urticating hairs would certainly stop me.
That makes sense :D good to know its not something to worry about. Thanks!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
She's coming up to a moult, my female doesn't kick hairs at disturbances yet goes always starts to go bald within around a month of an moult, when those bald patches turn black you'll know she's gonna moult soon.