looking for some help identifying

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hi everyone, i found some kinda egg case things i'm not sure what they are , was thinking mantid eggcases, their a light brownish color about an inch and a half long and about an inche wide, they look like alein pods or something, i found about ten of them under boards and stuff, they look kinda smooth too , but they definetly look alein, i broke one open and there were little green egg things or actualy i could'nt tell if they were undeveloped larvae, could anyone help me figure out if these are mantid eggcases, i would really like to try and hatch them, thanks-----Jeff:? :? :?

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

well i could take pics but i'm having problems posting pics--JEFF:?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Maybe you should notify the webmaster what problem you are having??? Hint, Hint...... ;)

Scott

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you found them under boards, it seems unlikley that they'd be mantid oothecae...most of the time, you'd find them on tree or bush limbs, or even many man-made structures, but almost always in the open. Were they hard or soft? I'm curious, I hope you guys figure out a way to post a picture...

Wade

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

well there kinda hard but i were to apply pressure they do give a little, i also found some adult mantids today under the boards around my house, there about 3-4 inches long and a tanish brown color... well the problem i'm having with posting pics is when i put the pic into a zip file and then post it, when i click on it is when theres problems it won't show it, what i would like to do is just post em where the pic shows up right under my post ya know, because i would love to put some up of my t's and my new ones, any ideas or help greatlly appreciated, thanks---Jeff:?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Just save the pic as a JPG and browse to the file in the attach file section. As long as the pic is small enough, it will upload it into your post. If you have problems with that, email me the pics and I'll do it for you :)

Scott