Looking for S.Hardwickei, S.Galapagoensis or S.Gigantea

Edd Eskimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've been out of the hobby for a while and looking to get back in. I'm looking for someone or a valid site where I can find a Pedlings or juv. Of S.Hardwickei, S.Galapagoensis or S.Gigantea In the states. Would gladly meet anyone locally around Atl. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Those are very sought after species and tricky to obtain due to their high demand and prices.

Scoly

Arachnobaron
It looks like you need to pay crazy money for those in the states, if you can even find them.

In Europe we have roughly one person regularly selling S.Galapagoensis and S.Gigantea, though I'm not sure how or where he gets them. On the other hand we have at least two people actively breeding Hardwickei. Speaking for one of them at least it has taken a LOT of money and effort snapping up anything that ends up for sale and sourcing WC specimens (which almost always turned out male). And once breeding succeeds there is a very high infant mortality rate in that species so you really need to buy a few pedelings to ensure you get one reaching adult stage.

Maybe your best bet is to contact people in Europe who have Hardwickei and try to import legally.

Interestingly, the hobby seems to be alive and kicking in China, and I've seen collections which include S.Galapagoensis and S.Gigantea, so maybe that's another avenue to investigate.

basin79

ArachnoGod
This is where I got my Scolopendra viridicornis from.

https://www.scolopender.de/

Thorsten has a lot of different species in.

I picked up my Scolopendra hardwickei as a pling for £35 I think here in England. They seem to have become very sought after since though.

Edd Eskimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for all the input and help! I'm still searching for those peds. I'm willing to meet anywhere a few hours out of Atlanta If anyone has one of the 3 in G.A.

Last edited:

VenomShadow

Arachnopeon
I would honestly recommend being on instagram and following people who have pedes, that is how I obtained my Galapo and Hispaniola. I did have a hardwickei pling that I got off stampstarantulas.com, but I haven't seen him get anything since.