looking for recommendations on next t.

toan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all,

I have L parahybana, B. smithi, T. blondi, N. Vulpinus, C. cyaneopubescanes, and A versicolor. What other ts would you recommend?

I was thinking pokies? or a baby king baboon?

Toan

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
M.Robustum? So pretty.
Ephebopus murinus? So cool

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How about a Grammostola Pulchra. They are real sweet and when they molt they are a beautiful velvety black. Ours just molted and she is beautiful. Pam:)

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Poecilotheria regalis is a real nice tarantula. You cant go wrong with a G. puchlara, or a Eupalaestrus campesiratus both make good pets.

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Go with King baboon, a juvie if you can. They are awesome

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm thinking about getting an Usambara Baboon next. What are the differences in attitude and behaviour between the Usambara and the King?

How about a Trap Door Spider? Sure its not a T, and I normally don't go for obligate burrowers, but having a spider that builds a trap door would be pretty cool.

It looks like you mostly have terrestrials. Maybe you should get another arborial. After reading about the reactions people have had to Pokie Bites, there is no way that I will ever get one or recommend them to anyone else. So how about a P. Cambredgi or P. irminia. They are both very beautiful. I just got a P. Cambredgi s'ling. Great T!

I've also personally thinking about venturing outside of the spider realm and getting a scorpion. It would be nice for display since it glows under a blacklight.

Have you thought about trying to mate one of your t's? Maybe it is time to get another one of what ever you have already got.

Good Luck

Big Dragonfly

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Get a A. geniculata, Giant Whiteknee.
Its a beautiful T, moderately aggressive, grows up to 8",and eats like a machine.
I love mine :D

Ernie

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by toan
Hi all,

I have L parahybana, B. smithi, T. blondi, N. Vulpinus, C. cyaneopubescanes, and A versicolor. What other ts would you recommend?

I was thinking pokies? or a baby king baboon?

Toan

Hey Toan..
My suggestions are G. aureostriatum. Big, fluffy sweet natured terrestrials. Or, G. pulchra. Although only black, an unbelievably sweet, gentle t. Both are serious eating machines.

Peace,
Gillian

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My top five tarantulas that I've actually kept:

Acanthoscurria geniculata
Avicularia versicolor
Brachypelma smithi
Cyclosternum fasciatum
Grammostola aureostriata

Since you've already got the smithi and versicolor, that still leaves the A. geniculata, C. fasciatum, and G. aureostriata for you to experience.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Code Monkey,

What is it about the Cyclosternum fasciatum, that you like so much? Is it just the coloration? Or does it have to do with behavior too? I just got one as an ity bity s'ling.

Also, I agree about the A. geniculata

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
get a Citharischius crawshayi King Baboon or a Wolf Spider. Wolf spiders are awesome. I'm going to get one someday.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the difference between kings and...

The main difference between the behavior of the king and the usambara is speed. The usambara is faster and will also run more often. Other than that neither is usually very cuddly. Also if you're concerned with poke venom the irminia might not be the best idea being closely related. Both prefer to run however so it usually isn't an issue.
Phil

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree they kick! They are so cool! Mine is a monster but she is way worth it!

toan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks guys, as per your recommendations, I compliled my list and this is how it looks:

M.Robustum, Ephebopus murinus, Grammostola Pulchra, regalis, Brachypelma emilia, King baboon, A. geniculata, P.Irminia

gee, I really don't have THAT much money!!! but I want the all! hmmm maybe my wish-list for x-mas!

I think I'll go with either geniculata or crawshawyi (sp?). and start buying them one by one till I have have them all!!!! =)

Toan

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: the difference between kings and...

Originally posted by Phillip
The main difference between the behavior of the king and the usambara is speed. The usambara is faster and will also run more often. Other than that neither is usually very cuddly. Also if you're concerned with poke venom the irminia might not be the best idea being closely related. Both prefer to run however so it usually isn't an issue.
Phil
This is true. But I will also add that Usumbaras are much less tolerant of humans than Kings IME. Some kings will run along if they're above ground, or just come at you if they're in their burrow. Usumbaras will rear and attack whether they are hanging around the top like an arboreal, or if they are burrowed under something.