Looking for Phiddipus bite reports

ArachnidBoi

Arachnopeon
If people who have been bitten could post in this thread, that would be great. The venom of these jumpers is not well understood, and I'd love to get anecdotal responses.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haven't personally been bitten, but from what I've heard it's a bit worse than a bee sting. Nothing major though. Hopefully people chime in with their own experiences though.

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
It's hard to get them to bite from what I understand compared to most species because their best defense is their jumping/fleeing mechanism.

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
I had one threaten to bite once, that was all for show. We mutually surprised each other out in the garden, I jumped and it spread its fangs. That's the first time I've ever seen one do that (P. audax), and it calmed down pretty quick again. We hung out and it inspected my prune job on the flowers.

Doing a search I can't really find much about the bite. This place says the bites swell some, might turn red, and then remains itchy for a day or so at most, but nothing serious. A guy on youtube tried to get his to bite him, and it wouldn't.

I can't wait till it warms up here where I'm at so I can collect some phidippus sp.
What's your local species?

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I wasn't aware they could break the skin. I guess I've been thinking of the little jumpers I've caught as a kid here in So Cal.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I always try to get them to bite me when I play with them but it never works out haha.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
i got bit on the face by a big female P. audax, and the venom was quite painful for me, though she did bite me over my frontal sinus, which is probably why there was so much pain and swelling.. She mistook my blinking eye for prey and pounced, i flinched and she tagged me very hard, there was a ton of venom weeping after she let go.

i felt feverish for the rest of the day, nauseous and 'stiff'. the venom is moreso systemic

Myrmeleon

Arachnoknight
i got bit on the face by a big female P. audax, and the venom was quite painful for me, though she did bite me over my frontal sinus, which is probably why there was so much pain and swelling.. She mistook my blinking eye for prey and pounced, i flinched and she tagged me very hard, there was a ton of venom weeping after she let go.

i felt feverish for the rest of the day, nauseous and 'stiff'. the venom is moreso systemic
Your eye does look quite tasty...