Looking for Harpactira in Europe...

cold blood

Staff member
I have just whipped this photo from Tarantupedia without permission.
This actually violates the tems here on AB...you can link it, but you cannot post pics that aren't yours. I'm sure a mod will erase it.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I think it's easier to get Harpactira in Europe than it is here in the States. Ours all come from imports from Europe, lol... Stamps over here recently brought in cafreriana, and I'm pretty sure his source is European. I've never seen the other available.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Almost looks like a marshalli without the horn...ie, not as cool looking as marshalli IMO.
I couldn't agree more my man. Yes, rare, is rare. But rare doesn't necessary means striking appearance or else. Now, aside from personal taste, which I respect, tell me if a C.sanderi, with that "plug" instead of the horn, isn't better than that? Or a "normal", cheap and available C.marshalli, like you said? :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I think it's easier to get Harpactira in Europe than it is here in the States. Ours all come from imports from Europe, lol... Stamps over here recently brought in cafreriana, and I'm pretty sure his source is European. I've never seen the other available.
You are right but still they aren't so easy to get, in general, like a genus Ceratogyrus would. Sure, at Marbach (Germany) fair you will find those, but not so often offered online, sadly :-(

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
Just checked my usualy 3 breeders and two of them have Harpactira slings. To be more specific I found H.curator, H.curvipes, H.marksi and of course H.pulchripes.