Looking for an aboreal enclosure

WiltedRoseGold

Arachnopeon
I have my eye on a 5 cm C.versicolor, and I’ve been shopping around for an enclosure. However, the ones I see are either too big, or don’t have a door on the front.

I’d prefer a door on the front so that I disturb any possible webbing.

What would be some good options for this T?

Edit: I know I spelled arboreal wrong in the title.

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
Theres nothing wrong with top opening...Every arboreal i have is in a top opening enclosure without issue....and i keep lots of Avics and other arboreals.

WiltedRoseGold

Arachnopeon
Theres nothing wrong with top opening...Every arboreal i have is in a top opening enclosure without issue....and i keep lots of Avics and other arboreals.
The only problem is the ones I see don’t only open from the top, but almost the entire enclosure comes off with only the base remaining. Here’s an example.

Image is from Jamie’s Tarantulas.

Attachments

Jim Cricket

Arachnopeon
Dreamcoplastics

If you don’t like their selection they can custom make one. :greedy:
Lead time 4-8 weeks

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
For young avics and other true arboreals that spend almost no time on the substrate I prefer the enclosures that the entire top comes off so I don't disturb anything. But there isn't anything wrong with a top opening enclosure either. This is my juvenile versi enclosure, not much webbing yet as its only been in there about a week. Velcro is there because the bottom doesn't fit very tightly on this particular one.

versi enclosure 2.jpg

Gogyeng

Arachnobaron
Alternatively you can have two sliding top divisions, and let your T web at its own pace and without 'Jibbidi-Jabbidi'. Then, you might be able to carefully remove the bottom lid and use only the top, now that the web is directly beneath it, and the T is settled in. Your T may extend the webbing of course, but in principle it will stick to its home.

was forgetting, make sure that the lids have holes so you keep cross ventilation thoroughly. You'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I use the (glass made) historical European ones, front opening (up/down) cheap as heck. Basically Exo Terra copied those, just in a more fancy way.

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
49D1145F-88DD-4FCC-97CC-939A1238B214.jpeg 24F7E806-A842-4881-BC67-14B496503455.jpeg

This is what I use for my arboreal slings. Here’s a .75 C. Versicolor. For some reason the image makes the vial look a bit larger than it really is but you get the idea: