Looking for a webby spider and a store in the uk

aimike

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm looking for a spider store so that I can actually see the spider before I buy it. Although I don't want a common turantulla, and all the pets stores I've been to only sell tarantula.

I want an orb weaver that spins a lot of silk, and wraps up it prey ( A bit like the common garden spider, but a lot more silk and more lively, and larger, but not huge).

I Live in Surrey UK. Any recommendations on pet stores, or even spiders for that matter (first post, sorry if I haven't got the right forum)

phillipthephiddipus

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm looking for a spider store so that I can actually see the spider before I buy it. Although I don't want a common turantulla, and all the pets stores I've been to only sell tarantula.

I want an orb weaver that spins a lot of silk, and wraps up it prey ( A bit like the common garden spider, but a lot more silk and more lively, and larger, but not huge).

I Live in Surrey UK. Any recommendations on pet stores, or even spiders for that matter (first post, sorry if I haven't got the right forum)
Try Bugz UK, they ship to UK and have various weavers. https://www.bugzuk.com/insects/spiders/

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
I've looked myself, you might be hard pressed to find pet stores that sell anything other than tarantulas, when people think of spiders in captivity that seems to be what everyone goes to. The best bet is to find stores online as they normally show pictures of their own stock, and if you ask them to take a picture of the animal you're wanting to buy, they usually oblige.

I haven't used Bugz UK but they seem rather good. Virginia Cheeseman has a section on true spiders but at the moment only has Eresus walckenaeri juvies for sale. The Spider Shop might have some cool stuff too, though I have yet to see any true spiders, but to be fair, I haven't really dug into their stock, I only see their new arrivals.