looking for a plant for high humid conditions into the scorpion enclosure

MapleMatt

Arachnosquire
hi guys, Im looking for a plant which would do well in high humidity, while in enclosure I will keep Chaerilus sp. I want it to look really good, so even more expensive plants are welcomed:) but generally I will welcome any tips on plants which might do well in such conditions. Thank you very much for answearing and helping me out with the choice
..enclosure wont be too big, the scorps are 3-4 instar, 10 pieces. I guess there should be also a lot of hideouts with this number, right?

Gnarled Gnome

Arachnoknight
Whipspider enclosures need to be sopping wet so I'm also interested to hear of ideas. So far these have worked for me:
Dracaena Janet Craig
Mini ficus
Moss
I'm going to be trying some different ferns and baby's tears.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have one suggestion, and mark my words! Epipremnum sp! Of all the plants i have tried in terrarium, this one is bullet proof! You wont run into any problems with this one!

basin79

ArachnoGod
Absolutely. I have Epipremnum aureum in a few enclosures (tarantulas, Tokay gecko, cane Toad, tiger salamander). It thrives in slightly damp, damp and moist conditions.

You'll find you'll have to cut the plant back periodically. I then just stick the cuttings in the substrate and they grow into new plants.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Absolutely. I have Epipremnum aureum in a few enclosures (tarantulas, Tokay gecko, cane Toad, tiger salamander). It thrives in slightly damp, damp and moist conditions.

You'll find you'll have to cut the plant back periodically. I then just stick the cuttings in the substrate and they grow into new plants.
They thrive in almost dry substrate to, they thrive in whatever sustrate you use and they thrive in almost compleatly darkness! It is almost impossible not to keep them alive

MapleMatt

Arachnosquire

thank you for the tip, will definitelly try.

MapleMatt

Arachnosquire
They thrive in almost dry substrate to, they thrive in whatever sustrate you use and they thrive in almost compleatly darkness! It is almost impossible not to keep them alive
good to know, I am not a good gardener:))