1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a new T for beginners

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Andrew Clayton, Dec 20, 2018.

1. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    Currently 69 (would've been 70 but I had a DOA yesterday and the replacement won't be getting shipped out until January)

If you speak to him then I'm sure he'd be willing to arrange collection instead of shipping if you live close by.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2018
  2. Andrew Clayton

Andrew Clayton Arachnobaron Active Member

I can't message him as his inbox is full and I don't have Facebook to message him but I have got an address for his store so going to chance my luck and go in tomorrow and see what he has

3. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

Since he was tagged in this thread, I'm certain that he will read that.

4. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking

Hey. I have just seen this thread.

You are more than welcome to message me here or throught the facebook page. I will clear some space in my inbox just now if you want to do it here.

If I have any stock that you are interested in, you are also welcome to stop by.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andrew Clayton

I don't have a Facebook account but I've had a look on you're page think I'm going to drop in tomorrow what are you're opening times

6. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking

I dont own a premises. I am only a breeder and not a store. But you are welcome to my home. I can arrange with you through inbox ;)

7. basin79

basin79 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Pocket his female Xenesthis intermedia for me and I'll buy you a pint.

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. dangerforceidle

dangerforceidle Arachnobaron Active Member

Possibly gravid if the action from his recent photo upload was a success. That's just a happy bonus.

• Like Like x 2
  9. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking

Would you like number 1,2 or 3, sir?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Would be wise of the OP to actually learn more about Ts instead of collecting them like Skittles. People who are new, with a lot of slings, often end up with a lot of dead slings.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Andrew Clayton

Yeah because having 3 Ts is definetly a push. How do you expect anyone to learn without experience? Since you think youre god i suppose you could just bestow the experience i need? If youre just gawna have cheap digs take youre comments else where

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. Rigor Mortis

Rigor Mortis Arachnoknight

Hey now, that's not what they meant. I think they just meant the general idea is to not overload yourself, that's all.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Andrew Clayton

Why not say that then instead of bring snied about it?

14. Rigor Mortis

Well personally I've found a lot of very well-meaning comments/lots of well-meaning advice sounds kinda cold when it's just blank text. I doubt viper69 meant it that way. Basically it's just that you don't want to rush into getting many more than a small handful of spiders as a new keeper, since even having just one is a learning experience in and of itself.

15. Andrew Clayton

I know that i dont want to rush things, and ive taken advice on board by plenty of other members on here none of which was worded like that there is no need for it simple as that! Plus if i wanted his/her advice i would have asked.

16. sschind

sschind Arachnobaron Old Timer

That's why I buy slings instead of adults. You can fit so many more into a handful even if it is a small one.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rigor Mortis

Oh, stop it! :shifty:

18. Andrew Clayton

Oh i wouldnt collect them like skittles you will end up with alot of dead ones haha

19. RonC

RonC Arachnopeon

I only have 5 at the moment. G.pulchripes, G.pulchra, B.Hamorii, B.albopolosum, A.moderatum. Smallest being about 12mm and the largest about 35-40mm. They have a ways to go.

20. Andrew Clayton

Ive just got a P. Everetti about 30mm dls and a P. Cambrigei thats just about 40mm from @KezyGLA there fast but seem to be quite calm at this size. Going to be fun when there bigger lol. My G. Pulchripes is still tiny but its a slow grower and ive read it can take nearly 4 years to fully grow