1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a legit web or breder

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by David A Candelas Zaragoza, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Advertisement
    Hi! I'm looking for a legit web o breeders. Any recommendations? I want to buy a tarantula.
    I am from Puerto Rico

2. sasker

sasker Arachnodemon Active Member

I don't think anyone on this forum knows any breeders or sellers in Puerto Rico, unless they are from Puerto Rico. Sorry, I can't help you.

Have you tried the eBay equivalent in your country? Or any more local tarantula forums?

3. darkness975

darkness975 dream reaper Arachnosupporter

Try posting in the classifieds here. But without knowing the import/export laws of Puerto Rico it is hard to say.

4. Brachyfan

Brachyfan Arachnosquire Active Member

Canada
    I tried to do an internet search to find laws in Puerto Rico and couldn't find any pertaining to spider species. And I couldn't find any breeders either. Might be worth calling the import people to see if it is legal to have tarantulas. You probably could just import from the US if it is legal to keep them. There is no info online about this.

5. Thanks people. It's very hard to find tarantulas here... only scorpion

6. Arthroverts

Arthroverts Arachnolord Active Member

I am not sure of Puerto Rico's import laws, but as other's mentioned above, I would suggest trying to find a reputable international seller if it is legal for you to import. I've heard good things about MyHomeNature in Hong Kong.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

7. AzJohn

AzJohn Arachnoking Old Timer

Puerto Rico is subject to US custom laws. So, you Would need an import license and arrange for inspections at a port of entry etc.... I did a quick search and found a lot of other requirements for livestock and other animals needed to import cows, horses, chickens and other animals. I imagine it’s kind of like Hawaii and that nonnative inverts might not be welcomed. Your best bet would be to try and contact other hobbiest their and find out what they are doing. Their are a few tarantula native to the island.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  8. the thing is that illegal animals arrive here
    I don't know how but they do
    Always by mail

I'm think running the chance of buying one from ebay
    What u think guys?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2019
  9. sasker

sasker Arachnodemon Active Member

Are you asking us if we condone breaking the law?

10. Yes why not?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Arthroverts

Arthroverts Arachnolord Active Member

Because when a few people break the law, the whole hobby gets a bad rap for it and it can lead to more restrictions.
    I don't know your situation, but I would HIGHLY advise you to go the legal route. If you get caught brown-boxing (illegally importing), you can end up on the government's list and they can confiscate your collection or prohibit you from getting more invertebrates. At least that is my understanding of it.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

12. Mvtt70

Mvtt70 Arachnobaron Active Member

Buying a tarantula on eBay is a terrible idea, if you can even find someone selling live tarantulas on there (which I'm pretty sure you can't)...

13. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

On that note....this thread will come to an end.

We do not, and can not discuss or promote smuggling.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.