Looking at getting 5-6 new Ts.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I have four of the listed species, so I can say for certain that you can't go wrong with the following:
Grammostola Pulchripes: I have a sling of this species at around an inch and it's already slightly showing some color.

GBB: Good eaters and amazing colors. I have a large female that readily eats anything. Did I forget to mention they web quite a bit.

B. Albopilosum: good eaters, not as colorful, but don't let that deter you, their personality more than makes up for its lack of color. My first tarantula was one of these. I raise it up from a 1/4" sling all the way to a 2.5" juvenile female that is very bulky.

I don't have this species yet but that's soon to change so I'll recommend it regardless.
G. Pulchra: large, bulky, jet black tarantula. Shall I go on?

I would advise against the G. Porteri (assuming it's this particular species) for the reasons other members have stated. I have a sling of the species and it is an oddball due to the fact that it is a monster come feeding time. Now if it is the G. Rosea (G. Rosea RCF) the same thing as the G. Porteri. I also have a sling of this species and it rarely eats.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon

This is a G. porteri, so not a rosea, but not grey, just sayin:

OP, you have a good list! I'd pick:

G. pulchra (Brazilian Black)
C. cyaneopubescens (GBB)
B. albopilosum (Curly Hair)
D. fasciatus (Tiger Rump)
L. parahybana (Salmon Pink)
G. rosea (Rosehair)

I have a G. pulchra, GBB, B. albo, and G. pulchripes (Chaco) already. I love the little G. pulchripes and she's a great eater but I probably won't ever get another one. She doesn't like light and I don't see her often.

I'm also not recommending B. boehmei - and this might just be because mine is a little turd - they're very skittish and kick hairs like crazy. Interacting with mine is never a pleasant experience.

I think everyone should have a rosie of some kind. A lot of people disagree with me...but I think they're a great exercise in patience :D

Also...a big YES to A. geniculata. Mine is quite possibly my favorite T.

EDIT: Sorry, I was a bit confused by the "Pink Zebra Beauty" and thought you were referring to an LP when it's E. campestratus! My mistake. I'd pick an LP over E. campestratus though. It's why we use scientific names here - less room for misinterpretation (i.e. all the "Red Leg" tarantulas...;))
I already have LP so will go with others

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I love the little G. pulchripes and she's a great eater but I probably won't ever get another one. She doesn't like light and I don't see her often.
What size are we talking? Mine hides less the bigger it gets.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
What size are we talking? Mine hides less the bigger it gets.
About 3" DLS.
She had dug herself underground and was under so long she almost starved to death when I first got her. Had to dig her out and now I have trust issues. :(

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My G pulchra is out 100% of the time maybe it's because she's a large adult female.
My G pulchripes also never hides, but my B albopilosum hides if disturbed but will venture back out a couple of minutes later.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
About 3" DLS.
She had dug herself underground and was under so long she almost starved to death when I first got her. Had to dig her out and now I have trust issues. :(
Mine went through an 8-month fast at 3.5 inches. Maybe it's a teenage pulchripes thing.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
My G pulchra is out 100% of the time maybe it's because she's a large adult female.
My G pulchripes also never hides, but my B albopilosum hides if disturbed but will venture back out a couple of minutes later.
My B. albo does the same thing, she's so cute it drives me nuts. She's like a curious little squirrel or something.

Mine went through an 8-month fast at 3.5 inches. Maybe it's a teenage pulchripes thing.
Good to know. She eats like a monster now so that's something.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My B. albo does the same thing, she's so cute it drives me nuts. She's like a curious little squirrel or something.

I just adore B albopilosum there's something about them that is so endearing, maybe it's because my 1st ever tarantula was a male B albo that I raised from sling to passing.

Some people see a boring brown tarantula and wrongly dismiss them, where I see a brown and gold fuzz ball that's overflowing with character, off the top of my head I can't think of a single downside to owning a B albo

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Who can tell me why ive lost my privileges? I cant post in the classifieds, or in the watering hole anymore

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
What would you get..GO!
What features do you like and not like in tarantulas? I'm a huge fan of Grammostola pulchra (Brazilian black tarantula).

I also like my Acanthoscurria geniculata (whitebanded tarantula). Even though it's only a sling, it's vicious.

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens has beautiful colors at all stages and is quite hardy, even as a sling. It also makes interesting webs. Bonus: if you are looking to prepare for faster species, you can gain some experience with these.

@EulersK made these videos highlighting some beginner species:

Who can tell me why ive lost my privileges? I cant post in the classifieds, or in the watering hole anymore
To post in classifieds, you must be an active member.

To access the Watering Hole:
  1. Go to your Browsing Preferences.
  2. Next to "The Watering Hole," check the box labeled Join.
  3. Click Save Changes.

It may take a while for these changes to take effect. (You may also need to log out and log back in.)

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
OP, look up the user dmahaffie. They just recently had some Pink zebra beauties for sale. Another member told me in pm they were going to buy one off them.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
You have to get Active Member status by posting, I think, 15 posts (not fluff) in 45 days? also, all you have to do is rejoin the watering hole. AB changed their page and I had to rejoin after. :)

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I agree. I have a thing for boring brown spiders but I never wanted a B. albo...this one more or less fell into my lap and turned out to have the best temperament and I adore her. I'm really glad I have her now. She seems to have more personality than a lot of my other Ts, is always curious and active and of course there's the fluff. She takes down prey with a vengeance too. I always forget she's a Brachypelma because she's not skittish at all and has never kicked, she's more likely to come wandering out of her enclosure when I open the lid than anything else and she just always seems to be in a good mood.

Amy31fife

Arachnopeon
Looking at getting 5-6 new Ts. I only have l.parahybana right now.
Am looking at g.rosea (although have heard mixed reviews), b.smithi, GBB, Brazilian Black, golden knee, Costarican Red Tiger Striped, Honduran Curly Hair, Brazilian Blue
My dream Ts are Pink Zebra Beauty and b.boheimi but can't find them sold anywhere.

What would you get..GO!
I've just ordered a curly hair and i have b.smithi lol got told best ones to begin with. I did used to have a cobalt blue a few years back but moved house so she found home with uncle. Where do you go for your slings?