Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful! I like the name too. ;)
You've heard him hiss then I take it?

Atrax

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Atrax, actually no I haven't heard it make its sound yet. It was a little sluggish acting but it did eat. Are they always so laid back? I can touch it with a pencil and it doesn't take off like my others do. It is still o.k. though because I checked on it this morning before work.

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That's a gorgeous centipede! ;) I wonder where you got it?

Seriously, I've found that species to be a little less prone to jump out and attack at the first provocation like some subspinipes. It could be that they have a bit of a reliance in their audio defense mechanism (feathertail noisemakers).

Let me know if the sluggishness continues. I suggest slightly elevated temp - mid to high 80's.

bill

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree Bill. Keep him nice and warm. That, and maybe a littel good old peace and quiet for a couple days. Let him settle in and get nice and comfy for a day or two. When you check in on him, do so without disturbing him if possible.
None of my 4 seem to be nearly as spastic as my other pedes. Like Bill said, they seem more reliant on their audial mechanism as a defense. I'm sure he'll be fine. :)

See ya

Atrax

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Bill:D
He seems to be doing fine so far, he has burrowed under his water dish and is still alive. I think I just got nervous because my S.H.C. and the new Neon-blue leg are so active when I tend to them that I thought something like he didn't take well to the trip here. Thanks for the info on the heat.