LOL.

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
I wish I had a facepalm rating. I'll have to settle for the wall :banghead:

Animal vs Animal videos are dumb, but this one just got it wrong.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
The amount of misinformation and angry people in the comments is glorious.
If you're the kind of person who is entertained by stupid comments, simply go to The Dark Den's centipede feeding video (Feeding the Devil), and set the comments to "newest first".

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Well well, speaking of centipede/millipede misidentifications, I now have my own tale to tell. One guy at my school sent me a video of him killing a polydesmid millipede (like this one) earlier today, thinking it was a centipede. Centipede or not, it upset me nonetheless, and when he saw me later that day, he said that his experience with the "centipede" showed him they were slow, harmless and easy to kill. He then said he could easily kill Azog, my big E. rubripes. I said I'd let him if he promised to do it with his bare hands. It was the first time someone didn't chicken out when I said that. Presumably he thought Azog would just be a bigger version of the "centipede" he killed before.

Last edited:

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
Someone sent me a video of him killing an Atlas moth. I Sent him a video of me ripping a 500$ Worth pokemon card that he gave me at junior high school. He never talked to me again.

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
Well well, speaking of centipede/millipede misidentifications, I now have my own tale to tell. One guy at my school sent me a video of him killing a polydesmid millipede (like this one) earlier today, thinking it was a centipede. Centipede or not, it upset me nonetheless, and when he saw me later that day, he said that his experience with the "centipede" showed him they were slow, harmless and easy to kill. He then said he could easily kill Azog, my big E. rubripes. I said I'd let him if he promised to do it with his bare hands. It was the first time someone didn't chicken out when I said that. Presumably he thought Azog would just be a bigger version of the "centipede" he killed before.
Get a Scolopendra dehaani and let him try to kill it. *popcorn*

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
Well, in Australia, I can't. A big E. rubripes will do.
Australia is a blessing and a curse when it comes to exotic pets. You get to have all of the Australian Exotics that the rest of the world only dreams of but you don't get anything else. Not sure if I would make that trade. Everything we can get is most likely smuggled out. I'd like to get some "litter bugs" Rhinoceros Roaches but they run over $200 in the states.

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
I wish I had a facepalm rating. I'll have to settle for the wall :banghead:

Animal vs Animal videos are dumb, but this one just got it wrong.
I really don't like watching animal versus animal films unless they have been staged to look natural....you know, like every documentary ever made. They don't get much of that great footage by chance. I draw the line at the scientific value of the film. If it is between two animals that would meet in nature then it is relevant which one is the prey and which one is the predator. However it isn't appealing when it is done in an unnatural setting regardless of the likelihood of the encounter. It's hypocritical, but it is what it is.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Get a Scolopendra dehaani and let him try to kill it. *popcorn*
Well, no pede bites, but I managed to trick him into holding a branch off a stinging tree. We were gathering plant samples for biology, and he was egging me on about how he killed the millipede (even though he was adamant that it was a centipede). I just said "I gotta do my laces - can you hold this for me?". He obliged. I know this sounds rather extreme, but I have zero mercy for zoosadists.

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
Too bad your
Well, no pede bites, but I managed to trick him into holding a branch off a stinging tree. We were gathering plant samples for biology, and he was egging me on about how he killed the millipede (even though he was adamant that it was a centipede). I just said "I gotta do my laces - can you hold this for me?". He obliged. I know this sounds rather extreme, but I have zero mercy for zoosadists.
Too bad the bees are meliponines.

eggcellent

Arachnopeon
Man it is a shame that millipedes get mistaken for centipedes so much.
At least in this case it hopefully wasn't killed.
Whenever I talk about mills at school I describe them as 'long ass rolly pollies' and centipedes as 'snakes with lots of legs'.