lock up

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This site locks my computer up just about every time. It says, "...long running script". I don't have this problem on other sites. I stop the long running script but it just starts over again, any suggestions? I searched around on the www but nothing I've seen has worked so far.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Mind if I ask these?

1. What OS is on your computer?
2. What internet browser are you using?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm using 8.1 and Internet Explorer. Weird thing is that it has all cleared up now on this site right after I brought up the problem, so far anyway. Something to do with advertisements loading? Maybe there are diff advertisements when I log on now that don't require so much loading, don't really know.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I'm using 8.1 and Internet Explorer. Weird thing is that it has all cleared up now on this site right after I brought up the problem, so far anyway. Something to do with advertisements loading? Maybe there are diff advertisements when I log on now that don't require so much loading, don't really know.
I wouldn’t know for sure either, but I am glad it’s all fine now!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Two minor problems. IE and Win 8.1 . Grab FF, install and run it. If lock ups continue, clear the IE history. If you don't want to keep FF just uninstall.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In case it might help somebody else out, I think it was my slow-ish DSL service causing this problem. ATT just upgraded to a digital network and the problem went away.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
In case it might help somebody else out, I think it was my slow-ish DSL service causing this problem. ATT just upgraded to a digital network and the problem went away.
Yup. Expect some infant tantrums. I got force fed fiber optic a couple of months ago. Called in to ask about the lag. Must be my computer. Which computer? We tested with three computers and the old DSL runs faster. Took them three days to acknowledge farming out fiber optic installation to a bunch of high school wannabee electronics techs might have not been a good idea. Draping the cable 15 high foot over the road when the rice havesters on their trucks are 18 feet tall wasn't too bright either.