1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

LLLReptile and Supply <www.LLLReptile.com>

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by bwhatch2, Jun 18, 2003.

1. bwhatch2

bwhatch2 Arachnopeon

tucson
    Advertisement
    I recently ordered some mealworms from scott and LLLReptile, when the first shipment arrived dead he very quickly sent out more worms, didnt even charge me for postage when most dealers guarantees do no cover postage. He promptly replied to all my e-mails both before and after the sale, overall scott was easy to do business with and seemed to go the extra mile on this deal. I'd definately buy from him again.

bryan

• Like Like x 2
  2. Paladin

Paladin Arachnobaron Old Timer

i have no expierience with ordering from them off the internet for the fact that i just drive out to their store and get whatever i need. I love visiting their store to see the nicely kept animals they have. (a nice contrast to the petco's and "mom and pop"
    petshops u find). although they dont have the largest selection of inverts, they have a wide variety of well kept reptiles.

3. wsimms

wsimms Arachnodaddy Old Timer

LLL Reptile

I have ordered two mantids and two Emperor scorpions, and have been satisfied with their service.

4. Bearskin10

Bearskin10 Arachnoprince Old Timer

"BEWARE"
    :mad: Overall not to happy with them. I did buy a few things at decent prices, But where the dissatisfaction comes in is I wanted to buy a Grammostola pulchra sling they have listed at 1", The first time I went in to get it they had about 4 of them all of 1/4" so I asked where the 1" ones were they said they were all at the show. No biggie asked if they would let me have one of the 1/4 " one for a little better price on it as I think $20 is a bit much for a 1/4" sling especially when it is listed at 1". No dice they would not do it, No problem I left and came back about 2 weeks later still listed at $19.99 for a 1" sling. So I ask to see them (no shows going on this week) and what do we have but the same 1/4" slings maybe a couple more though, Once again asked if they would lower the price as 3/4" is a big difference and I feel that the price should be about $8-$10 lower for that size, no go again, said he would have to change the size on the web site, It has been about 5 days and still no change in the size on the site. I drove about 70 miles to get there and it is pretty upsetting when something you want to get is not even close to what they have described, Luckily the second trip was just a stop over from getting a A. Minatrix from someone else out that way. I would be very pissed off if I was to have ordered from them online and got a 1/4" sling when I ordered a 1" as listed. I could deal with it being 3/4" or maybe even 1/2" (maybe). Sorry for the rant but I feel People out there should know about this and there dishonesty

5. scorpio

scorpio Arachnodemon Old Timer

Positive

My order was made up of 2 African Giant Millipedes, and a Russian Tortoise
    LLL Reptile has a fairly large selection, very well priced with a very large invert selection on top of their reptiles. They offer many adult Ts and Scorpions as well as a few slings here and there. Very good in my opinion for a large dealer. They are located in California, and also offer walk in stores for those that live there. Their reptile selection is decent but is steadily growing. They offer a few different bearded dragon morphs as well.

My only promblem was, they take the time to schedule a delivery time and ship date so you know when to be there, but they offer this notice in your order confirmation that I was lucky to read, so if you order from them, be sure to check your email in the next 24 hours so you can respond and schedule the date. Very quick shipping though. I ordered Sunday, they shipped Tuesday because of the scheduling, and it arrived at about 11:00 on wednesday. It would also have been nice if they specified Wild Caught and Captive Bred. They only write it on the CB animals I guess because they are proud of them over WC specimens

I would probably order from them again, if I could predetermine when I wanted it shipped so I could get it early. The animals were healthy, and were well packed, and it was visibly evident that they had received very good care for being a business that you would think would keep animals in large bulk quantities, which they may, but the animals were well wed and nice and healthy. So if you are looking for something they have on the site, I reccomend them for it. They supposedly have other Reps and inverts available. Send them an email, and you could probably set something up.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2003
  6. sunnymarcie

sunnymarcie Celestial Spider Old Timer

positive

POSITIVE

I did not order anything live.
    My order consisted of a lamp stand, a log and various little
    supply items. Reasonable prices, fast shipping, good packing.
    I will order from them again:)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2003
  7. jtcornpone

jtcornpone Arachnopeon

POSITIVE

I placed an order for some tarantulas and some feeders last month. Well, there were some problems with the order -- some of the spiderlings turned out to be unavailable, and due to some mix-up, I didn't receive all the feeders which I ordered. I understand that mistakes happen though, and these folks set everything right as much as possible. They were also quite responsive to my e-mail inquiries.

I certainly plan to do business with them again in the future.

8. kephy

kephy Arachnopeon

I order 1000 crickets from them every two weeks. The prices are good and the crickets always arrive on the exact same day, in good condition.

9. Viridis9

Viridis9 Arachnopeon

Ohio
    Negative

I placed an order with LLL online, was ordering a fogger, a monitor book, and some bend-a-branch.
    I used the shopping cart to order.
    I have an online account with my bank so i can check to see if my credit card was charged or not.
    Nothing, I also expected an automated reply confirming my order, nothing.
    So after giving it a week, I called them and they guy apologised for the mix-up and took my order over the phone.
    Waited a week and nothing, no automated confirmation e-mail, no charge to my credit card.
    To this day i have heard nothing!, was'nt charged anything, have'nt recieved anything.
    I think I will take my business somewhere, where they really want my business.
    RoachFreak101

10. TroyMcClureOG82

TroyMcClureOG82 Arachnobaron Old Timer

Negative

I recently bought a vietnamese centipede from these guys at a show for 17 bucks. When I got home I checked their website and found out they sell them for 12.99. I feel that it is very dishonest to charge somebody a higher price at a show than you do at your store. We all go to these shows to get better deals :mad:

I just saw them again at another show. This time they had the vietnamese priced at 18.99. Funny thing is they handed me an invert pricelist at the show and it listed them for 12.99.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  11. fantasticp

fantasticp Arachnocompulsive Old Timer

Negative!

Twice I got sent less than I ordered, but only charged for what was sent. Once with some AGBs and the second time with a vietnamese pede. I would have thought if they didn't have what I wanted at the time of shipment, they would tell me, not ship what they did have. Shipping is a lot! I take how much I am ordering into cinsideration when I order to save on shipping, and recieving less animals (although not being charged for them) is still ripping me off in my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  12. Clincher

Clincher Arachnopeon

I have purchased well over 60,00 mealworms form them before, too many cricket counts to even remember, one of my emps, and some herps. All which were in perfect quality and qauntity. I live in The washington state area and that's quite a way to ship. I have to say I have never been disgruntled about anything from them. I forgot to say I have purchased a great number of supplies. Only one shipment was wrong which was adult pellets instead of jubie pellets for my bd. Which is not really much of a let down as I can easily get juvie pellets to hold my beardy off for the next free shipment.

13. Washout

Washout Arachnolord Old Timer

Positive:

Ordered the following:

2 Veitnamise centipedes
    6 Giant black millipedes
    4 rose hairs
    1 A. seemani

I think they sell mainly wild caught animals. Everything was packed fairly well but not great. Looks like they just put a wad of paper towel in the cup on top of the inverts, they did not have surrounding protection inside each container. Everything arrived healthy and alive though.

They had some pet trade featherlegs (really stoutlegs forget the latin name) but they were unwilling and unable to check them and ID some females for certain before sending them to me. Even though these are really easy to ID as female, due to them having huge back legs and the males being skinny. So I declined to order any of those.

14. death1

death1 Arachnosquire Old Timer

Positive

Positive

Professional. Took order and received total. Cost was just as their web page advertised. Crickets arrived on the day they were promised. Maybe 10 dead. Clean and odor free. Good price for healthy crickets! :clap:

15. I recently purchased 5 G.rosea from LLLreptile.
    The service was good, and communication was good as well.
    There was only two issues I had, neither of them the fault of LLLrep.

1: Credit card difficulties. The shipping and billing addys were different,
    but they called me up and problem was handled. (My fault)

2: FedEx (Or FedUp in my opinion) delivered to the wrong house.
    Usually not an issue, but this lady that signed for them kept them and tried to sell them. Luckily, I know people in that apartment complex, and one ratted her out. Very lucky in this case, she had them hidden from 1:30 pm till 7 pm.
    SELLING MY TARANTULAS FOR DRUGS IS BAD!
    We are contacting the police, and I hope all will be handled.
    Still mad at fedex....2807 and 2817 are different enough in my opinion NOT to get confused.... when it comes to a written add label.

O.k. rant over, sorry...

LLLReptiles is a good business, I'd like them to change shipment companies,
    but ya can't win them all.

Business end of it: A
    Shipping: F (Not their fault.)

I would do business with them again, if I could choose the shipper.

P.s. The owner of LLLrep is a great guy, right friendly.

JonPaul

16. Nivek

Nivek Arachnoknight Old Timer

Positive.

I purchased 2 Mali Uromastyx, 1 Frilled Lizard, 2 Emerald Swift, and 1 Nile Monitor from LLLreptile.com. All of them arrived very healthy and they seemed very well tended to. I plan on making an order from then as soon as I get paid, actually! {D

17. wsimms

wsimms Arachnodaddy Old Timer

Positive

Last week I ordered a subadult Avicularia versicolor online from LLL Reptile. The T was shipped the day after I placed my order and it arrived the morning after that in perfect condition. Packaging was superb (with two heating pads). The T was what I ordered and in perfect condition, and was even somewhat larger than I had expected. Communication was perfect, and I received a total of three emails from them in the process. Their prices were great and I cannot imagine how things could have gone smoother. I have never had a problem ordering from these guys, and I plan to do so in the future if they have what I want.

18. MalevolentScorp

MalevolentScorp Arachnoknight

LLL stands for Triple Lose

I just ordered an immature L.parahybana pair, the female measured at 3" LONG and the male 2" LONG. I recieved the package which was nicely done but to find a mature male spider (automatically ends the immature half of the description) that is larger than the female who may only be 5" in legspan. I was expecting a 6.5" legspaned monster female, I measured my buddy's female blondi and she is about 3" long with a 6.5" legspan. I am greatly dissapointed and feel like i got ripped off.

19. mytarantula44

mytarantula44 Arachnopeon

Ohio
    LLLReptile- http://lllreptile.com/

I bought a Mexican Fire Leg Tarantulas (B. boehmei). Perfect Shipping and tarantula is alive and Healthy! :biggrin:

20. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Arachnodemon

Akron
    Positive

Well i just recieved and set up my NEW centipede. Its an Ethmostigmus sp. And all in all i believe they run a nice place. honestly there was only one hiccup and that wasnt even their fault. the only real thing i saw sorta bad (once again probably not their fault) was the pede came on soil that was DRY AS A DESERT. i know pedes should be kept humid. its healthy other than that so no complaints here. I WAS SUPER SATISFIED.