Live Stream of Vivarium Tank clean ups

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm doing a live stream of touching up and tending to my various tanks and critters. Feel free to join me at:

https://www.twitch.tv/supershygamergirl
Clever idea for Twitch.

Why are you "pushing" that T around w/your Q tip, I just saw him fall.
Why are you using a Q tip, and not something longer?

Nice lid and handle too.

Decent looking ExoTerra as well. Like how you replaced the screen w/the acrylic.

Purpose of the paintbrush? Removing water droplets or substrate, or anything? Better than paper towels?

Last edited:

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Oh I was trying to get him to find his hide, As you could see he was just refusing to be detoured to turn around and go that way. *shakes head* He did take a little tumble, Ironically I was trying to encourage him down to avoid that. I do need to state that what I did there is not something i do normally. I tend to leave them alone completely unless I do maintenance like this every once in a while. And I used a Q-tip because I didn't have anything else that was long and 'soft' but small like that.

And yeah I use twitch to stream games and such, but suddenly thought this would be a fun thing to do as well. I may start doing it a lot more when I do my projects. Instead of going and recording and editing video and such I'll just live stream my work I think.

Also the paintbrush is excellent at getting ride of those tiny fibers the paper towels leave behind when you use them to dry. So I use paper towels to clean and dry, then go back over with the paintbrush so the glass is clear of anything.

Thanks on the Exo and top for the other. I want to eventually do replacements for them using my dad's laser to make the holes so that they are neater and smoother but it may be a long time before that ever happens lol. That and I'd rather replace it with glass to be perfectly honest. I need to get me a glass drill bit set so I can do that, I'd probably have a better chance with that then my dad managing to finally use his laser lol.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh I was trying to get him to find his hide, As you could see he was just refusing to be detoured to turn around and go that way. *shakes head* He did take a little tumble, Ironically I was trying to encourage him down to avoid that. I do need to state that what I did there is not something i do normally. I tend to leave them alone completely unless I do maintenance like this every once in a while. And I used a Q-tip because I didn't have anything else that was long and 'soft' but small like that.

And yeah I use twitch to stream games and such, but suddenly thought this would be a fun thing to do as well. I may start doing it a lot more when I do my projects. Instead of going and recording and editing video and such I'll just live stream my work I think.

Also the paintbrush is excellent at getting ride of those tiny fibers the paper towels leave behind when you use them to dry. So I use paper towels to clean and dry, then go back over with the paintbrush so the glass is clear of anything.

Thanks on the Exo and top for the other. I want to eventually do replacements for them using my dad's laser to make the holes so that they are neater and smoother but it may be a long time before that ever happens lol. That and I'd rather replace it with glass to be perfectly honest. I need to get me a glass drill bit set so I can do that, I'd probably have a better chance with that then my dad managing to finally use his laser lol.
Thanks for the PBrush info! Any special type you recommend, never thought of using one before!

Yeah, I highly doubted you did such a thing w/your Ts, but when I watched it, I thought "man, maybe I was wrong about her..."

Curious the music I heard during your live stream, was QUITE good. Was it yours? Or something Twitch plays for the broadcaster?? Don't use Twitch that much, and when I do, it's for reviews of course, so people are talking.

Also, when you made the ExoTerra, did you let the tank cycle for a bit, as they do for dart frogs? If so, how long did you let it cycle?

lunarae

Arachnobaron
lol. yeah. I don't handle my T's. And np. I just got an ordinary cheap paintbrush pack from walmart for like standard painting. I got the ones with the thinner softer bristles though. Kinda just personal preference I would think.

As for the music, I can't take any credit there. I had this playlist going:

I use OBS to set up the stream so I had it set to do desktop audio and was running that mix on the computer. When I did the Exo I did let it cycle some.....but not as long as I should have before I put her in there. I let it cycle for 2 weeks, I was a very naughty girl on that one, and I ran into a lot of trouble because of lack of air ventilation going on mold grew faster then the springtails and isopod populations I had in there could keep up with and it took some fiddling around.

That's why even though our L.P. is only maybe 3/4in right now, I planted the 20 gallon I want it in eventually when it gets bigger. So it can cycle out and I can see what all it's going to do before that time even comes. So far though the L.P. which I got the same time as I did our G. porteri has barely grown at all. Got them at like 1/2in. The G. porteri has molted more and gotten to be twice the size as the L.P. since I got them, and it's not for lack of offering food. Not sure what the LP's problem is >.>

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Oh and to add, The Exo has cycled out by now and it's doing excellent. The springtails and the isopods caught up and I got the right amount of ventilation going for it to work alright.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Oh and as soon as I can get the micro lens I have plugged into the computer to stream video. Our G. pulchripes looks like it may molt right in the perfect spot to see it happen.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
LOL. So my micro lens gets to close, and my webcam is to blurry. I suppose it's just not meant to be.