Live plants for a H. spinifer and G. pulchpripes enclosure

arachnodad93

Arachnosquire
This is a ways off from now but I have a h. spinifer and a g. pulchripes that a both pretty young, however when I am ready to move them in larger enclosures I think it would be a super cool idea to put a live plant in with them. any suggestions??

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Don't bother, they web over plants. Look up where they are from, the plants that live there, and go from there.

They are notorious for digging up plants too.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
Not familiar with the care requirements for H. spinifer.

G. pulchripes should be kept dry with a water dish so I wouldn’t think a live plant would be beneficial.

Live plants and and other decor are for our benefit, spiders just need the basics.

Marvinxox

Arachnoknight
You could put some type of pothos, fittonia or ficus pumila with the scorpion.
And as others here said that the spider needs it dryer, you could use some succulents or air plants for it´s enclosure.

arachnodad93

Arachnosquire
Thanks a bunch, I have noticed that my golden knee is a little bulldozer whenever she's active. Thanks for the suggestions all, I'm a new comer to this hobby so any advice is welcomed!

Dovey

Arachnobaron
Thanks a bunch, I have noticed that my golden knee is a little bulldozer whenever she's active. Thanks for the suggestions all, I'm a new comer to this hobby so any advice is welcomed!
I am a pretty serious gardener with a big background in succulent plants and cacti. Recently, I put together a very realistic-looking habitat for my B. boehmei using artificial succulents that, cross my heart, I couldn't tell were not real. The only difference is they don't die if she digs them up or buries them, and she won't be kicking all of her abdominal hair off, which she is want to do, when I go in to take care of the plants. Also, I don't have to worry about the plants getting enough light and balancing the moisture needs of the plants against the needs of the spider. I vastly prefer living habitats, but with spiders, it just doesn't always make sense. I do have one or two tropical species on live plants, but they are Amazon dwellers and are used quite a lot of moisture in their soil.

arachnodad93

Arachnosquire
I am a pretty serious gardener with a big background in succulent plants and cacti. Recently, I put together a very realistic-looking habitat for my B. boehmei using artificial succulents that, cross my heart, I couldn't tell were not real. The only difference is they don't die if she digs them up or buries them, and she won't be kicking all of her abdominal hair off, which she is want to do, when I go in to take care of the plants. Also, I don't have to worry about the plants getting enough light and balancing the moisture needs of the plants against the needs of the spider. I vastly prefer living habitats, but with spiders, it just doesn't always make sense. I do have one or two tropical species on live plants, but they are Amazon dwellers and are used quite a lot of moisture in their soil.[/
I'm super curious as to what your set up looks like, you wouldn't mind posting some pics would you??? also artificial plants are really starting to sound like the most reasonable option; at least for my spider. Thanks!!