Live plants and cleaner crew for selenotypus enclosure

Lachlan Richardson

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I've been raising my selenotypus for almost 2 years now, and I'm toying with the idea of introducing a live plant and/or some cleaners to create a more 'real life' ecosystem. I'm considering some springtails and some isopods maybe. Curious if anyone has any suggestions about live plants and cleaners they've used with selenotypus beofre. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks!

basin79

ArachnoGod
I use Devil's Ivy (Epipremnum aureum) in some of my enclosures if that helps. I have it in with my Theraphosa blondi, Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli, Poecilotheria subfusca lowland, Cyriopagopus sp Hati Haiti, Cyriopagopus doriae, Zeus my Tokay gecko and Stheno my Tiger salamander. It's a very hardly plant and grows like mad given good conditions.

TreebeardGoddess

Arachnosquire
Yeah, in the states we call it Golden Pothos or just Pothos ivy. I had a small cutting growing in my enclosure for Lolita (Scutigera coleoptrata), but then I put a bunch of crickets in that enclosure and I think they ate most of the leaves. I believe tarantulaguy1976 used them in his enclosures too.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Hey guys, I've been raising my selenotypus for almost 2 years now, and I'm toying with the idea of introducing a live plant and/or some cleaners to create a more 'real life' ecosystem. I'm considering some springtails and some isopods maybe. Curious if anyone has any suggestions about live plants and cleaners they've used with selenotypus beofre. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Hi mate, not sure if you're still looking for advice, but I don't think Selenotypus really benefit from cleanup crews since they like things a tad dryer. As for plants, anything from ferns to cactus could work but keep the fern in a moist corner without soaking the whole enclosure