Little worried after recent molt

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
Hiya all, hope you're well. My T molted last Thurs (p. Ornata). I've noticed over the past couple of days that one or two of her legs briefly curls inwards (like she's tucking them in) while the other legs seem fine. It doesn't seem to last long, as whenever I try to snap a photo, she's got her legs stretched fine again. This is while she's on the glass, and not on the ground. Any ideas of what it could be?

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How big is the T? Lots of stretching and yoga happen after a molt. It could also be grooming.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Unless all the other legs are curling inwards, its nothing to worry about. Make sure it has access to water, post molt = thirsty times for tarantulas.

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
Thank you all for your swift and reassuring answers. I was just taken aback as I've never seen this kind of behaviour before. Glad to know it's business as usual and she's doing her standard thing of scaring the pants off me lol

And yes I keep her water fresh and full, as always :)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thank you all for your swift and reassuring answers. I was just taken aback as I've never seen this kind of behaviour before. Glad to know it's business as usual and she's doing her standard thing of scaring the pants off me lol

And yes I keep her water fresh and full, as always :)
One should wear layers of pants for such occasions :p

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Pokies take the gold for weirdest post-molt yoga positions in my collection. My rufilata just molted two weeks ago. When I looked in, I saw her grooming, but it looked like her abdomen was completely missing! Turned out, she had her abdomen completely tucked under the rest of her body, probably grooming her spinnerets or something. Should’ve gotten a photo.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I've seen this quite few times after a molt. first time was with my GBB and I was sure she going to die. Of course she was fine.

However, my T. stirmi molted a week ago Saturday and is still doing weird poses and refused to eat when I gave her a dubia this weekend. She was about 8 inch dls before the molt. Does anybody know if stirmi take longer to "settle" as they get larger? At her last molt she was eating fine and in a normal resting pose in a week.

Dannica

Arachnosquire
I've seen this quite few times after a molt. first time was with my GBB and I was sure she going to die. Of course she was fine.

However, my T. stirmi molted a week ago Saturday and is still doing weird poses and refused to eat when I gave her a dubia this weekend. She was about 8 inch dls before the molt. Does anybody know if stirmi take longer to "settle" as they get larger? At her last molt she was eating fine and in a normal resting pose in a week.
A week seems rather quick for such a large specimen. I’d definitely wait it out until you can fully confirm that she’s ready to eat.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
All the remarks about post-molt yoga are spot on. I would also add to that, that the weirdness seems to increase and to go on longer as they increase in size.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
A week seems rather quick for such a large specimen. I’d definitely wait it out until you can fully confirm that she’s ready to eat.
I would also add to that, that the weirdness seems to increase and to go on longer as they increase in size.
I thought that's what might be going on with my stirmi. She's one of my favorites so I tend to worry a little more when she molts.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

An 8” spider could take a month to be ready to eat after a molt. It takes a really long time for such a big body to fully harden.

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
All the remarks about post-molt yoga are spot on. I would also add to that, that the weirdness seems to increase and to go on longer as they increase in size.
Thank you, that's very good advice for the future. Will certainly keep that in mind as she (and future T's) grow.