1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

little supper worms in b.dubia cage

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by william, May 23, 2007.

1. william

william Arachnosquire

hi i have about 300 b.dubias in a ten gallon tank.i cleaned it last month ,replaced egg cartons and every thing.today while getting a few i seen 10 to 15 look like superwormes.i bought superworms befor but never kept them with the colony of b.dubias.i might have put an old egg carton in?should i clean the cage again ?any one had this hapen?thanks
  2. lunixweb

lunixweb Arachnobaron

that doesn't really matter, the worms could be the dinner for your roaches, and I guess they can cohabit.
  3. Hedorah99

Hedorah99 Arachnoprince Old Timer

I have a colony of meal worms that started in the same fashion. I am pretty sure they came in on some kale I fed to the roaches. I just isolated out as many as I could and started a colony of them in some oat bran. they make great sling food.
  4. cacoseraph

cacoseraph ArachnoGod Old Timer

i have a couple species of tiny beetles that live in my roach colonies. they don't seem to hurt anything and i use the beetles and their larva to feed my other bugs :D