1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little sister holding Tegenaria gigantea [video]

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by TheTyro, Dec 23, 2009.

1. TheTyro

TheTyro Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    A poopy quality mobile phone video, but clear enough to show whats going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxNpitlKc_s

I have around 30 of her spiderlings and I'm going to try raising a few of them. My little sister LOVES these spiders. I do too. :D

2. That was cute. "Keep moving girl", lol.

3. loxoscelesfear

loxoscelesfear Arachnoangel Old Timer

Did not realize they were that big. Now I want one. Cool clip.

4. Moltar

Moltar ArachnoGod

Wow, that's a big spider to just be running around in someones house. I didn't realize they got that big. Cool!

It's refreshing to see a young girl so fearless of a big, ugly spider like that. I think some people are more skittish around large true spiders than tarantulas because they're not fuzzy and cute.

5. Hobo

Hobo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Staff Member

That's awesome. I gotta go out and find another one of these come springtime.

Whoa hold on a minute.... Whaddaya mean ugly?!;P

6. buthus

buthus Arachnoprince

Wow! Love it! Thats why they call em giant house spiders! :clap:

7. TheTyro

TheTyro Arachnobaron

Haha, I'm glad you guys liked the video! I honestly think these spiders are really pretty, even though they don't really have an exuberant color range. The earthy tones of brown look handsome on them.

Hopefully I get fruit flies soon, I'm going to be raising at least 30 of her babies, assuming they don't eat one another before I get any.

8. buthus

buthus Arachnoprince

Dont rely on small prey ...esp fflies(not a very good growth food anyway) ...rather try chopping crix/roach/or other up a bit and place the parts in with the slings. They will find the food. Also, for small live/catchable prey find some tiny isopods, earwigs etc ...if its possible (prob too cold ? ).

9. TheTyro

TheTyro Arachnobaron

Yikes, that sounds pretty nasty, but I'll try it. D:

I have been looking around outside for some buggies, but theres not a whole lot out there. I'll scavange what I can though! Thanks for the tips!:D