Little lost leaf tail...... came home?

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
I moved house barely 2 weeks ago and in the first few days admist all the commotion the lid was left ajar on one of my tanks and my male leaf tail escaped, we all searched high and low but he couldn't be found.
Anyways I just got home from work this afternoon and here he is back in the tank on his favourite rock waiting (impatiently I might add) for crickets, I cant believe it, I was certain he was gone for good and wasnt expecting to find him alive, if at all.
He is such a cool dude, about 8 inches long I guess. What a legend
IMG_20171130_060944.jpg

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
I am still very intrigued by all this, if it didn't happen to me not sure if I'd believe it, but obviously he spent 8 days exploring but has enough sense or memory to return to the last spot that had a good food supply. Still wondering how did he find his way back too, chemical or scent trail maybe?
He had been in my daughters room at some stage to pick up the pink fluff and still made it back to our office to get to his tank.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I am still very intrigued by all this, if it didn't happen to me not sure if I'd believe it, but obviously he spent 8 days exploring but has enough sense or memory to return to the last spot that had a good food supply. Still wondering how did he find his way back too, chemical or scent trail maybe?
He had been in my daughters room at some stage to pick up the pink fluff and still made it back to our office to get to his tank.
He knows what makes him comfortable. He just got lucky that he was able to find it again. I've heard about this sort of thing for snakes, and birds of prey that have been welcoming birds will often return to the spot they were released for weeks hoping to be taken home and fed.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Awesome news mate! I had a thick tail escape a few months back because they were affectionately screaming at each other at 1:00am so I drowsily seperated and them and left the lid off the temp container. Unfortunately doesn't look like she'll be coming back. I'm amazed to see such an event happening with the leaftail. Hope he's doing good! :)

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Maybe punk's his color lol.