List obliged burrowers

Deta

Arachnopeon
hello, what are the species included of obligated burrowers? thanks

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's a great idea for a forum resource. When you learn of this information, please let us know.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Basically every OW Theraphosidae which isn't blatantly an annoying arboreal (ih ih ih :troll:) is an obligate burrower :pompous:

It's a good start, eh.

sasker

Arachnoprince
hello, what are the species included of obligated burrowers? thanks
You want a list of all burrowing species? No-one has the time for that. Why are you asking? Are you looking for a burrowing species? Or avoiding them? Can you be a bit more precise about what it is you are hoping to get from this?

BennyBTamachi

Arachnosquire
I'm doing the consolidation work for you :

- every OW Theraphosidae which is not an annoying arboreal (blatantly)
- most of @Theneil 's OW arboreal
- Aphonopelma seemanni

Thank me later! ;)

@viper69
Here is the list! (Just letting you know)

Deta

Arachnopeon
the reason for the request of the list is because I have Ceratogyrus marchalli slings and I like them very much for the beautiful deep holes they make.
in addition to the genus of Ceratogyrus which other species of Theraphosidae
form deep burrows similar for life?
Thanks

Last edited:

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
A man after my own heart! Appreciating a magnificent hole in the substrate. Consequently, may I help by providing a few to your growing list:

O. philippinus, P. muticus, H. himalayana, K. brunnipes, C. schmidti, H. gigas, C. doriae.

P. murinus
(?), given the caveat its true nature being an ongoing academic discussion among folks.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
the reason for the request of the list is because I have Ceratogyrus marchalli slings and I like them very much for the beautiful deep holes they make.
What's even more sublime than a hole in the dirt is one covered by a trapdoor: Idiothele mira.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Thanks
No! :)

Si dice (e si scrive) Ceratogyrus marshalli - la forma, e la corretta nomenclatura scientifica, devono sempre essere rispettatate :bored:

Per quanto riguarda il resto, un po' tutti gli Africani se 'restiamo' in Africa... vedi H.gigas, P.muticus, P.murinus etc ma comunque, si, il genus Ceratogyrus è una cosa a parte, eccezionale :playful:

La lista che hai chiesto è impossibile, ci sono troppi ragnazzi che devono ancora essere scoperti e documentati per bene ma, con l'aiuto del buon Dio, noi li scopriremo, perbacco! :pompous:

Viva l' Italia!

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
No! :)

Si dice (e si scrive) Ceratogyrus marshalli - la forma, e la corretta nomenclatura scientifica, devono sempre essere rispettatate :bored:

Per quanto riguarda il resto, un po' tutti gli Africani se 'restiamo' in Africa... vedi H.gigas, P.muticus, P.murinus etc ma comunque, si, il genus Ceratogyrus è una cosa a parte, eccezionale :playful:

La lista che hai chiesto è impossibile, ci sono troppi ragnazzi che devono ancora essere scoperti e documentati per bene ma, con l'aiuto del buon Dio, noi li scopriremo, perbacco! :pompous:

Viva l' Italia!
Easy for you to say.

Pepper

Arachnosquire
Megaphobema robustum, and i would guess others in the genus, are a beautiful NW fossorial.