Liphistius

The wolf

Arachnolord
spiders world is offering liphistius ornatus they only have 15 left so hurry if you can, I'm wondering how tricky they are to keep like how aggressive or hardy would they be I have kept 5 speedy NW dwarfs a ton of trues and a few insects,do you think I would be ready,considering it will only be 0.5 cm

basin79

ArachnoGod
spiders world is offering liphistius ornatus they only have 15 left so hurry if you can, I'm wondering how tricky they are to keep like how aggressive or hardy would they be I have kept 5 speedy NW dwarfs a ton of trues and a few insects,do you think I would be ready,considering it will only be 0.5 cm
Unsure on their care but it TSS or BugzUK had them I'd definitely buy 1.

basin79

ArachnoGod
It'll be ages I'm not sure exactly how long though
See that's what put me off. I had a pede from Germany that took 8 days. Wouldn't want to risk a small spider.

I'll send them an email and ask what their "normal" shipping times are.

The wolf

Arachnolord
When people say clay what exactly do they mean I'm getting some peat but some people say to mix it with clay I got some excavator clay but that doesn't seem right it seems too desert-y what kind of clay do I need? I have really clay rich soil around my house so should I just bake some of that? But then wouldn't the clay set and be un useable

basin79

ArachnoGod
When people say clay what exactly do they mean I'm getting some peat but some people say to mix it with clay I got some excavator clay but that doesn't seem right it seems too desert-y what kind of clay do I need? I have really clay rich soil around my house so should I just bake some of that? But then wouldn't the clay set and be un useable
I wouldn't over think it. A deep substrate and you'll be right.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Clay is just so it sticks together more. You can easily tell if a soil is clay-ey enough--if you roll it between your fingers, it will form little balls (this is what the soil near me does). The goal is just to keep the tunnel from collapsing. The chemistry is irrelevant. I wouldn't bake it.

The wolf

Arachnolord
Clay is just so it sticks together more. You can easily tell if a soil is clay-ey enough--if you roll it between your fingers, it will form little balls (this is what the soil near me does). The goal is just to keep the tunnel from collapsing. The chemistry is irrelevant. I wouldn't bake it.
How would I sterilise it tho

basin79

ArachnoGod
How would I sterilise it tho
I have an Idiothele mira and Pelinobius muticus on peat moss and they've both made fantastic tunnels.

Damp at the bottom and middle then drying out towards the top.