lil' advice please

Gem

Arachnopeon
My B.Vagans has built a fab burrow right next to the glass in her tank but in the last couple of days has competely blocked up the enterance to her burrow, is this normal???? any replies would be helpful :wall:
Thanks
Gem x :?

Magician

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yup

Quite normal. She may be molting, maybe she just wants privacy...my avic. avic and h. lividum for example (among other t's) web up thier funnel web ends and the end of thier burrow respectively, they just pop in and out as need be.

Gem

Arachnopeon
thanks, i was a little worried about how she would feed but i suppose she knows what she doing, once again thank you {D {D
Gem x

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My B. vagans is only about 1.5", but it stays in its burrow most of the time. Whenever it is about to molt, it fills in the entrance to the burrow and comes out after it has molted and hardened.

Gem

Arachnopeon
Thanks Becca, Hillary (my B.Vagans, don't laugh) is about 1.5 in too. i appreciate the advice
Gem x :worship:

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gem, try to avoid giving in to the temptation of digging it up to check on it; you'll just stress it out. I have a A. seemani that's been closed in since Thanksgiving, and a tiny B.emilia sling that buried herself for almost 7 weeks! (I'll admit, that time I was worried!)She popped out, freshly molted and ready to eat. They know what they need-(better than we do-LOL!)