1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light colored Dubia being bred in Germany

Discussion in 'Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods' started by bugmankeith, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Advertisement
    I found out from another site that in Germany they have successfully been able to bred a lighter colored dubia roach. Sometimes they may find there way into our stock, but except Germany they are not currently being bred anywhere else. If you have any dubia that are like this I think it would be worth the while to try and start breeding a light colored colony I think they might be be in demand if you dont live in Germany.

http://tuatera.com/wiki/imagenes/articulos/criablaptica/blapticas1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Billeh

Billeh Arachnosquire

Do they have any special traits? Or just a pigment change?

3. As far as I know just a pigment change, but I do have a male of them and he is twice as agressive as my normal colored males. I can't compare him to other light ones as he's my only one. I'm hoping to breed him soon.

4. dtknow

dtknow Arachnoking Old Timer

CA
    I had a few light ones like that. I fed them all off. They were always the somewhat smaller individuals for me. My colony is mostly black adults.

5. PetRock

PetRock Arachnopeon

Mine are mostly black, I have 'red' ones with no black that are adults though. They tend to be small, picked on, and they're always slower than the others.

6. Brad1980

Brad1980 Arachnoknight Classifieds User

Thats pretty cool. I will have to keep an eye out for these in my colony.

7. HoboAustin

HoboAustin Arachnosquire

That's cool! But I think I would stay with the normal black dubias.

8. I managed to find 2 odd colored dubia nymphs for sale and bought them, pretty cool looking right!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. axle37

axle37 Arachnosquire

god. insects are just way too cool for my own good. i swear, I'm going to become a social pariah by the time i have a collection befitting the level of interest i have. love the texture on the second nymph. looks kind of like old brass

10. I call the second nymph a "calico" roach, as it has spotty coloring and multiple random patches of color instead of the usual plain coloring.